Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pro plan

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by girlyhouse, May 9, 2010.

1. girlyhouse

girlyhouse PetForums Senior

hi , just wondered if anyone has tried pro plan for their dogs? after a lot of trials and errors with our little pup i have started her on pro plan puppy sensitive salmon and rice from the vets. its too early to tell if it really agrees with her but apparently the dogs get a lovely silky coat with it. i look forward to that bit x

2. czenios

czenios PetForums Junior

We are using pro plan lamb and rice for our dogs (Chow Chows) for several years and we are very satisfied. Our dogs are well feeded and their coat is very rich and healthy

3. louloukk

louloukk PetForums Junior

My two dogs (no one as the other is on a prescrition food) were very happy with pro plan and so am i.. Its a very good food

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

A few years ago we won a years supply of proplan at Crufts. They gave us vouchers and we could go to any pet shop to get it. If I remember correctly we had the puppy not sure which one though. My lot did ok on it although with having I think it was 6 dogs at the time it lasted for about 6 months rather than a year.

5. Emma Kuma

Emma Kuma PetForums Member

My little bear is fed on nothing but Pro Plan, she was raised on it by the breeder and i have continued feeding her on it, she started on the salmon one and now shes on chicken and she loves it :) her coat is lovely and shiny & soft and her eyes are really bright and healthy looking.

Seems like good stuff to me :) xx

6. hyper Springer

hyper Springer PetForums Senior

Its not a good food as it contains maize and other fillers that your dog can not digest...

Pro Plan Puppy Sensitive Salmon & Rice at zooplus

What it cant digest is simply outputted as poo poo...:rolleyes:

I note one of the ingredients is Cellousose which is actually Sawdust :eek:

For £40 for 14kg its not cheap for what compared to other foods in that price range offer nutrionlly eg Orijen,arden grange,vitalin

the price you are paying for food that is like Mcdoanlds you could be feeding Fillet steak ;)

Im not 100 % sure but i think Purina are iffy in regards to animal testing as well :mad:

7. girlyhouse

girlyhouse PetForums Senior

oh no:(, the wee one seems to be doing well on it too x

8. cgdrum

cgdrum PetForums Junior

Our lad has done really well on proplan puppy lamb and rice (is what the breeder feed him on so we kept him on it).

There seems to be a lot of talk about what is good and what isn't food wise... personally I have come to the conlusion that if your dog likes it and is doing well on it I can't see an issue.:)

9. Sugar

Sugar PetForums Junior

Hi, I had my 3 dogs on this since pups (they always have wet too, currently natures menu which is great)and they did great on it they are now 11,10 & 8 yrs (fed lamb & Rice normally). Last year though with the realisation of what the ingrdeiants meant I moved onto james wellbeloved but they were constantly pooing as opposed to once a day and always starving and begging, plus they wouldn't touch it dry.
    I have just got them some vitalin salmon and potato senior in the hope this will suit them aswell as be better ingrediants (was gonna get the skinners salmon but they sold out at the shop and saw that).
    They seem ok so far but I know how confusing it is trying to do the right thing I used to think Pro plan was a good food as it wasn't cheap and the dogs coats gleamed just like lot's of the show dogs did that were on it.:confused1:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice