Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Pro Dog walkers

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Seonag, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Seonag

Seonag PetForums Junior

I am hoping to start a dog walking and pet care business shortly. This is after cancer recovery it’s been a long struggle and it took me a year longer than I would have liked but I'm now fit and raring to start, but I want to get this right, I HAVE TO GET THIS RIGHT.

I did a canine first aid course last year and an online dog training course although the later was primarily to help with the dog of a friend that I know look after full time and came to me with a few wee problems (also had some help from a behaviourist prior to doing the course) . I discovered I have an affinity with dogs which I never really appreciated before my cancer journey.

Anyway, dog walking, I intend to walk no more than four at a time and want to be certain that I can safely and effectively procedure to introduce new dogs to walking together. I have walked three and four dogs together but they already knew each other but would appreciate how experienced professionals deal with introducing a new dog into the walking pack.

2. FeelTheBern

FeelTheBern They don't like it up 'em, sir!

@SusieRainbow: could you move this thread to the relevant area as it does not belong here?

SusieRainbow likes this.
  3. Seonag

Seonag PetForums Junior

Where do I post it please

4. FeelTheBern

FeelTheBern They don't like it up 'em, sir!

One of the moderators has already moved it. It's fine where it is.

5. Jelevents

Jelevents PetForums Member

It's always going to be a tricky time with a new dog but if they are all off lead dogs and there's an area you can drive to and let them out off lead straight away it's great as they can all find their own space, getting them all out together on lead can lead to problems as they'll be more reactive.
    However I walked 2 dogs together in a group of 4/5 for over 6 months with no issues then one day they turned on each other regarding the ownership of a tennis ball, plus don't forget any other dogs you meet on a walk are all new dogs with unknown potential.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice