Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Priscilla - Queen of the Desert

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fleur, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Went to London yesterday to see Priscilla :)
    It was fantastic :thumbup::thumbup:
    I would highly recomend it to any one - if you liked the film you will LOVE the stage show.
    The staging was fantastic, the costumes were amazing - it is funny, sad and completely mad :)

Here are a couple of pics, obviously not allowed to take any of the show.
    But I took 1 of the outside of the theater, 1 of the curtain before the show started and the giant glitter ball.

Attached Files:

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oooh I have the Westend bug and would love to see this show :D x

3. Fleur

Def put it on your to see list.
    Next one I want to see is Wicked, not heard 1 bad thing about it.

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Wicked is AMAZING!!! :D I def recommend that and Les Mis :)

5. Fleur

Saw Les Mis many years ago, cried so much, well proper sobbed all the way through from the 1st song 'till the last, the man sat next to me got quite concerned for me :eek:

Didn't enjoy CATS, loved Starlight express - but it wasn't as good when it toured.

6. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

I like the sound of Wicked, I would love to see Mamma Mia at the West end, have seen Les Mis which was absolutely stunning and five years ago saw Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's theatre, absolutely amazing to see it at the West End. We did a Supabreaks weekend which I could recommend to everyone, brill hotel, little discount booklet with lots of great restaurants to choose from then a superb night at the theatre, all this when I was seven months pregnant with Addie. I even got to walk over the Millenium bridge the next day!

Fab!

Izzie

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh I sobbed my heart out at Les Mis too. Such an amazing show with an amazing story. I'm feeling quite emotional thinking about it lol! I wish I was old enough to have seen the original cast and when they got back together for the 10th anniversary - I have the video and it so powerful.

I'm not a fan of CATS either.

8. Fleur

Fab idea, I think I'll look into a short break next time. I was so tired driving home last night, didn't get in til gone 1am.
    Printed off 1/2 price food vouchers though and ate at the Slug and Lettuce in Soho and Pizza Express Covent garden.

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I think Phantom of the Opera is still in her majesty's theatre, I passed it when I was in London :D The biggest shock I had with the Westend is that the theatres aren't all in one place :eek:

I'm sure someone told me Mamma Mia isn't that great as a stage show but amazing as a film...

10. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Yes I think it is still there. I don't fancy CATS at all. Starlight express looks cool, would love to see Joseph on the West End with Lee Mead, of course its a bit tougher getting there now as we are in Switzerland. We get some good shows here, it just depends on whether I could be bothered sitting through them in German lol!

Izzie

11. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

You drove home? Definitely go for a break next time lol. We ate at a french bistro and I have to say the food was amazing, just a really cool weekend.

We got a taxi back to our hotel through Soho, it was the first time I had ever been to London, it was so exciting!

Izzie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice