UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon again loyal Moo-Mites,

Time for another little progress report. :)

The last 'official' update was HRH Moo Moo having free access to all of the upstairs area and both Abby & Oscar were also there with her, albeit they chose to sleep on the bed in the other room.

The plan had been that this set-up would continue until today as OH would have been off work to keep an eye on everything. Unfortunately, OH was called back to work on Wednesday which put the kybosh on this. The best laid plans of mice & men and all that jazz..... :rolleyes:

Taking the advice of the good members on the forum, I let Moo have the upstairs to herself yesterday just to be on the safe side.

When I got home, however, I wasn't happy that she'd gone back to being alone again so I took the bull by the horns - well, Abby in my arms to be less dramatic :rolleyes: - and took her upstairs. Moo was on her pad under the bed. I walked into the room and Abby followed very cautiously behind. Moo could see her but there was no hissing. I am not going to give full chapter and verse of the 30 minutes we girls spent together but suffice to say it was very constructive. Moo didn't feel scared at any point in the proceedings and didn't head off to her 'safe spot'. This was a brilliant development. There was plenty of eye contact between the girls - little bits of hissing from both, a total of three times to be exact - but this was to be expected. Abby had a good old sniff around and Moo could see her the whole time. After I took Abby out of the room, Moo was still chilled and relaxed. :thumbup:

OH wanted to watch footie (AGAIN!!!! :incazzato:) after dinner, so I Abby & I headed back upstairs to Moo where we all chilled out quite happily - Moo on her pad under the bed, Me on top of the bed & Abby on top of me (having walked around a bit & done a wee bit of Moo watching.) The door was wide open so either of them could have left the room at anytime if they were unsure or uncomfortable.

When it was time for bed, Abby decided to give out one last hiss as she passed the bottom of the bed to leave. Moo was SOOOOOOOOO perturbed by this action NOT that she didn't even bother to bat a blue eyelid or a green eyelid!!! In fact, I think she was so sound asleep she probably didn't even hear it. Now, by my reckoning, if Moo was in anyway upset by Abby being there in her room, she would not have been totally crashed out in deep sleep on her pad..... :D

As this all went so well, this morning I left the two girls upstairs alone together for the day. There is plenty of space for them to be apart if they are not inclined to hang out together so I don't forsee any problems.

I do have to say that Merson didn't look too happy, however, being stuck with McGee all day so I will probably go home tonight to a house full of carnage and Oscar very happy at finally being the only cat at the Towers!!!! :lol: :lol:

Till the next time folks......

xxx

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
this is so lovely to hear. moo moo must be really happy now that she is not being bullied:)

·
Registered
384 Posts
So glad to read this. Have been away awhile, but was hoping someone would could to Moo's rescue before hand. So great to see you have and it's progressing positively :D

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to let you all know that all was well today. :D :D :D

No blood, no fur and no skin or teeth lying around or up the walls.

Moo was chilled on her pad when I went upstairs, Abby had come running down to meet me as she always does. This does mean they will be together again tomorrow. Oscar will be put back into the mix at the weekend.

Moo & Merson also spent 10 together tonight. He was not in his basket this time and they were supervised the whole time. There was low to medium level hissing and growling but Moo did us proud by not only giving as good as she got but actually doing it better than Grumpypants!!! :thumbup: Merson slunk out of the room and was extra cautious as he passed the bottom of the bed.

Moo was on her pad for the full 10 mins and only went to her 'safe spot' to have a wee think on the experience after he'd left the room. I left her on her own to relax for 15 mins and when I went back up she absolutely fine again.

We are slowly getting through the intro's which is nice for us and good for Moo. She is learning that even the grumpiest dude in the house is acknowledging her superiority. :D

·
Meeoow!
9,400 Posts
Oooh I wondered when you were going to introduce Merson into the mix, Is he your toughest cookie do you think? It always makes me smile when you mention Grumpypants, Is he really that bad or is it just the youngsters that pee him off?

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oooh I wondered when you were going to introduce Merson into the mix, Is he your toughest cookie do you think? It always makes me smile when you mention Grumpypants, Is he really that bad or is it just the youngsters that pee him off?
He's quite grumpy but mostly because he wants me all to himself and hates to share me. His happiest moments are when the two of us snuggle up the bed together and then he purrs & chirrups his little head off. :) :001_wub:

Before the babies came along though, he would still be a grumpy sod in the mornings when I had to leave to go to work. He hated that and still does. :eek:

He was also the baby of the house for 10 years so he's not too happy at being a 'middle child' now. :lol: :lol:

·
Meeoow!
9,400 Posts
He's quite grumpy but mostly because he wants me all to himself and hates to share me. His happiest moments are when the two of us snuggle up the bed together and then he purrs & chirrups his little head off. :) :001_wub:

Before the babies came along though, he would still be a grumpy sod in the mornings when I had to leave to go to work. He hated that and still does. :eek:

He was also the baby of the house for 10 years so he's not too happy at being a 'middle child' now. :lol: :lol:

Aaaaaw poor baby Merson...... Needs extra special cuddles then!!!! how selfish of you to choose 'work' over him, you need to get your priorities straight :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

Sounds like Oscar in every way :(:001_wub:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.