UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'day y'all,

Firstly, Moo would like me to thank everybody who continues to read her story and send their best wishes and lovely compliments. She is very grateful to you all for caring so much. She is very touched by all your love for her.

Well, last night was the first night of me not sleeping with Moo in over a week. It was the OH's turn to be with her as I had work this morning and he didn't. He tells me that he had a quiet night with her and that she jumped up beside him a few times in the night. If my OH's snoring was up to his usual decibel levels, then the poor wee thing was probably trying to suffocate him so she could get some sleep herself!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

Moo was, however, full of her usual affection when I left her this morning. I don't think she's realised yet that OH is going to be in with her until Thursday...... :blink: :eek: This love could grow quite stale by then.. :eek:

We have gone ahead with the plan of allowing Abby upstairs with her today. This has, so far, gone quite well. Abby is fast asleep on the bed in the front room (probably relishing not having to share it with the boys) and Moo is fast asleep on her pad under the bed in the back room (maybe all that snoring had some advantage after all!!). All upstairs doors are wide open and full access to each other is available.

OH even popped out to the shops - approx 45 mins - and neither of them had moved in that time.

For Moo, this has GOT to be a big deal. Another cat in her 'space' who is not fussed on chasing her or even bothering her. I really hope her confidence levels continue to soar from this.

We are leaving them up there together until about 5'ish when OH is going out and he will close Moo back into her room at that time. We will let Abby back up tomorrow and the day after that. In fact, Abby will be with her every day now unless something REALLY untoward happens in the meantime.

From my perspective, it has been scary doing this as I am at work and this has all been in the hands of the OH. I am having to trust him to be aware of any developments in my absence and deal with them accordingly. This is a BIG deal for me as I confess that I am a TOTAL control freak when it comes to the furbabies so having to let go on this one has made this one tough morning. However, it seems to have gone ok in my absence thank goodness.

So, only a wee bit of news to pass on to you guys today but it is a development and therefore needs to be reported. :)

Cheers.

xxxx

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Aww MB , this is super :) Moo will know for sure that there is another cat upstairs and her confidence and comfort levels must be soaring :) :) When she lived here, there's no way she would relax if another cat was about !! :eek: In fact , my coming through (carefully) from the kitchen always provoked a panic on Moos part and she would often race back to her room, just in case one of the bullies had followed me :(

Well done to Moo and well done to you and OH for such a successful start to Moos takeover of The Towers :D :D :D

·
Slave to the Hairy Hikers
12,358 Posts
So Princess Moo Moo is finally getting proper respect and admiration.
That must be a relief for our forum Royalty!!!!
I hope things will go just as smoothly with the other cats.

·
Registered
14,997 Posts
Sounds like you have got it all sussed MB! and Moo is coming on a treat:):) I cant wait to see more pics I just love looking at Moo!!!!:):):) welldone to you and OH for doing such a great job :smile:xxxxx

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
Pleased to have my *fix* of "Moo News" -- thank you MB:)

Delighted to hear latest development......Moo feeling Ok to share the upstairs space with Abby. :) This is such good news, and augurs well for the future I would think.......

Well done MB (and praise to your OH too:)) - may the good work continue without a hitch!:D

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Brilliant news, Abby and Moo Moo will soon be plotting how to terrorise the boys, lol

I love reading your updates, can't believe I'd missed 3!

Looking forward to the next instalment. :) :)

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Well done Moo moo,Abby & MB....I can feel a very special bond starting to form.:)

GIRL POWER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!:thumbup: (even though your oh may be giving a helping hand!!)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Aww MB , this is super :) Moo will know for sure that there is another cat upstairs and her confidence and comfort levels must be soaring :) :) When she lived here, there's no way she would relax if another cat was about !! :eek: In fact , my coming through (carefully) from the kitchen always provoked a panic on Moos part and she would often race back to her room, just in case one of the bullies had followed me :(

Well done to Moo and well done to you and OH for such a successful start to Moos takeover of The Towers :D :D :D
It must be a great comfort to you that MB is such a naturally kind person and Moo Moo can sense this :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.