Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Princess Moo Moo; Day 5 - A little update.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MoggyBaby, Nov 1, 2012.

1. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Good Morning Moo-Mites,

Greetings to you all today. :)

It has to be said that looking after this gorgeous girl is a pure pleasure and every small advancement in her behaviour, and settlement, brings overwhelming joy.

Last night saw a small set-back. I had gone into her room to be with her and she happily came out to me for some good MB lovin'. Unfortunately, McGee was on the other side of the bedroom door and vocally announced his desire for some good MB lovin' too. He then scratched at the door which saw the Princess dive straight back under the bed to her safe spot at the back. Moo obviously associated this noise with that of Mr Fuzzy when he was trying to get to her. :( When I lay over the bed to talk to her, I was hissed at and clumped by her paw. :( So I just lay back on the bed and let her have some space to herself but she didn't come back out.

Bedtime came and I left the room to get the rest of the Posse fed and settled for the night. When I returned, Moo was back out to see me. The good news is that she bounced back fairly quickly from her scare. :)

She had some eats but then.......... Went to lie down in her Orange Cube!!! THIS is a huge breakthrough as, to date, she has only chilled either under the bed or beside us ON the bed. To lie in her cube which is in the middle of the room (not tucked up in a little secure corner or anything) - to me anyway - was a pretty big deal!!! :thumbup: And she was there for about 20 mins. :D

This new found bravery was followed up with some exploring this morning. Moo has discovered how to get up onto the top of the chest of drawers!!! :D :D

As if THAT wasn't enough - I went into see her twice before leaving for work and, on BOTH occasions, she was sitting on the windowsill looking out the window!!! Yet ANOTHER development! :thumbup: She jumped down AFTER I entered the room but not as I was entering. This is another huge step forward as it means that she is really getting used to me and getting to know me so no longer feels she has to run under the bed to be safe. There really are NO words to express the happiness I feel at this.

As far as I can tell, Moo still hasn't ventured out of her room to explore but maybe today will be that day. She seems to be on a bit of a roll right now. :D

And that is all for now folks. Like I said, just little bits of news however, one small step for any other cat is a giant leap for the Princess. :) :)

Over and out.

xxxx

2. skip

skip PetForums VIP

I'm really happy to read this update and I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the next one :)

3. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

I love reading these can't wait for the next update.

4. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

That's great, glad to hear she is coming out of herself :)

5. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

keep up the good work princess :) and Well done on you Moggybaby, love reading these updates :)

6. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

Aww glad to hear shes settling in okay :D

7. AlfiesArk

AlfiesArk PetForums VIP

That update bought a massive smile to my face!! Slowly but surely she's getting there.!! Good on you Moo and you too MB. xx

8. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Aw I'm so pleased she is learning to trust you! I look forward to your next update!!! :D

9. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Just amazing to read, hopefully her confidence will continue to grow and grow!!

10. Rolacolacube

Rolacolacube Owned by 4 cats :)

Such wonderful news. Thank you for the updates xx

11. Citrineblue

Citrineblue PetForums VIP

MoggyBaby these updates are really great, each step forward as you say must be so rewarding....really well done. Thank you.

12. londongal796

londongal796 PetForums Senior

MoggyBaby, I really love these updates. I think it is not just great for Princess Moo Moo but maybe also everyone on the forum--as I think it is so important for everyone to realise how much patience and time can be involved in properly integrating a cat into their new surroundings--let alone a whole new cat family!! Some take to their new surroundings very quickly, others require more time. I was thrilled that our two boys only took a few days to settle in but I would waited weeks or months for them to settle in (and to be fair, it was about 6 months before we got on really well with one of our boys!).

Add in the fact of adding a cat to an established family of cats, I hope others can see that it can take even longer for them to settle down. I am always disappointed to see people give up after a few days or a week. I think at this point Princess Moo Moo is still working on just getting used to her surroundings, let alone her new family!! So she really is in the right home as you are giving her the time and space she needs to settle in on so many levels! :D

Anyway, I am enjoying these updates on their own merit but thinking of the bigger picture, I really hope some people can use this as an example of how some cats really need to have things be taken slowly for their integration to be successful :)

13. Cats cats cats

Cats cats cats PetForums VIP

Hi MB :)

I'm so glad she's bringing you such joy :) She's wonderful isn't she , so friendly and gentle ............ she's everything i ever wanted in a cat really :)

sorry to hear she bopped you though !! :eek: :eek: Poor girl must've thought you'd come back for Fuzzy :lol: :lol:

She sounds like she's getting very brave , looking out of the window and getting in her cube :) :)

I really hope she has a roam around the upstairs today, another little step forward for the princess :001_smile: :001_smile:

14. Cats cats cats

Cats cats cats PetForums VIP

I couldn't agree more with this :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

15. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Oh that Mr Fuzzy has a lot to answer for.... 'misunderstood' my a*se!!!!!! :nono::nono::nono: So glad to hear Moo is slowly starting to relax a bit and come out of her shell...... C'mon Moo you can do it gal, I've heard that this gang are a bunch of pussies compared to Fuzzy, just stand your ground and you will be fine I'm sure! :blink::blink:

16. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Oh gosh... Wow..... Ta!!!!! :blushing: Reading that brought a wee lump to my throat, so it did. :eek:

Both OH & I knew that Moo Moo would need a soft & gentle approach to ensure she slotted into the Posse in the best possible way. However, even when I introduced Abby & McGee, I took my time with it and they were younger cats with less of a history than Moo. They were 10mths and 14mths respectively. It still took the best part of 12 weeks for them to achieve maximum integration.

Anyone who lets a new cat go before 'at least' that period of time has passed has not, IMO, given it a good shot and my sympathies always lie with the poor cat who is being passed from pillar to post.

So, if these updates help people to work their intro's better, or provide better insight into the level of patience needed at that time, then I am more than happy to keep providing them.

Just let me know if they get boring though.................. :eek: :)

#16 MoggyBaby, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  17. AlfiesArk

AlfiesArk PetForums VIP

You couldn't post a boring post if you tried!!! we are all glued to this everyday waiting for our Moo update!!!! (and to work out when you're out at work so we can go catnap!!!):D:D:D

18. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Interesting reading and certainly not boring MB :D

19. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Thank you for the wonderfully informative updates MB!:) (You could never be "boring" in a million years!:))

So pleased to hear darling Moo is making progress settling in, bless her heart!:001_wub:

And bless you too, for your sensitive and compassionate approach to integrating her into your household. :)

20. monkeymummy32

monkeymummy32 PetForums VIP

I LOVE the Moo Moo updates!! Please keep em coming! :D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice