UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Princess Moo Moo - Day 4 Update

1K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  suzy93074 
#1 ·
Good Morning Moo-Mites

I have been instructed by HRH Princess Pretty Paws that I should give you all an update on her progress so far.

Things are moving slowly, but steadily, in a positive direction. She is still very attached to her two spots under the bed. When she is feeling very shy / unsure, she heads to the spot at the back but when she is more relaxed her sleep pad at the front is occupied.

Due to living in a terraced house I have a bit more 'neighbourly noise' than Moo was previously used to and she is having to adjust to that. Whilst the neighbours are not 'noisy' there is a 9yr old boy who can be loud on occasions and this does tend to spook her a bit. However, I am noticing that she is slowly getting used to it so it shouldn't be too long before she realises there is nothing to worry about.

I would now say that on 8/10 occasions she will come out from her hiding place quite willingly to be loved and fussed. Sometimes though, she still needs a little bit of 'brush' persuasion. :D

Yesterday, for the first time, the door of her safe room was left open and Moo had the run of the upstairs area. The Posse were all safely on the other side of the stairs door. Whilst she has shown a bit of curiosity about what is on the other side of the door, I think she was still a bit scared to actually come out. She will continue to have this extra freedom and hopefully, by the time we get to the weekend, she will have explored and feel more confident.

We did, however, have quite a bit of a breakthrough though in the confidence levels last night and this morning. :D

I went up to bed (I'm sleeping in with her at the moment) last night and was reading my book when she joined me up on the bed. After lots of purrs and head-butts she settled down and I was lying with my book in my left hand and a cat curled around my right arm. Turning the pages with one hand was quite a challenge......... :)

When it came to sleep time though, she headed off, as usual, to her little pad under the bed. So you can imagine my great surprise when I woke up through the night and found her lying back up beside me!!!! :eek: :D That was lovely.

The joyous moment this morning was when she started to play with the toys in the room of her own free will and with absolutely NO encouragement from myself. I was still in bed at the time!!!

Firstly, her yellow banana was 'killed', she then did a David Beckham impression by battering the noisy tinkly ball all around the room (on a wooden floor at 6am btw...........:glare:) and, as I left to go for my shower, she was letting the Orange Cube know that its days were numbered!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now I might be wrong, but I would say that the playing is a very good positive sign.

So that is where we are at right now. We are in no rush to start trying to integrate just yet - we'll see how the land lies by the weekend. Moo has met McGee a couple of time now; the latest, on Monday, had them both exchanging a few, low-key hisses at each other but him being more interested in smelling around her room than actually bothering with her. In fact, the wee toe-rag hissed at ME when I put him back out again!!!! :eek: :nono:

And there you have it. I hope all of this info is enough to keep you all going until the next update.

The Princess thanks you all for your continuing good wishes and wants you to know that she fully appreciates each and every one of them. :)

xxxxxx

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the update... My hearts skips a beat a little every time I see new thread with Moo's name in it! Sounds like really good, steady progress to me ....but I have to admit to feeling a slight pang of jealousy when I hear you mention the cuddles, the bed sharing, the purrs and the head butts!!!!! I'm trying VERY hard to keep my green-eyed monster in check but it's proving very difficult I can tell you! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

#7 ·
Good Morning Moo-Mites

I have been instructed by HRH Princess Pretty Paws that I should give you all an update on her progress so far.

Things are moving slowly, but steadily, in a positive direction. She is still very attached to her two spots under the bed. When she is feeling very shy / unsure, she heads to the spot at the back but when she is more relaxed her sleep pad at the front is occupied.

Due to living in a terraced house I have a bit more 'neighbourly noise' than Moo was previously used to and she is having to adjust to that. Whilst the neighbours are not 'noisy' there is a 9yr old boy who can be loud on occasions and this does tend to spook her a bit. However, I am noticing that she is slowly getting used to it so it shouldn't be too long before she realises there is nothing to worry about.

I would now say that on 8/10 occasions she will come out from her hiding place quite willingly to be loved and fussed. Sometimes though, she still needs a little bit of 'brush' persuasion. :D

Yesterday, for the first time, the door of her safe room was left open and Moo had the run of the upstairs area. The Posse were all safely on the other side of the stairs door. Whilst she has shown a bit of curiosity about what is on the other side of the door, I think she was still a bit scared to actually come out. She will continue to have this extra freedom and hopefully, by the time we get to the weekend, she will have explored and feel more confident.

We did, however, have quite a bit of a breakthrough though in the confidence levels last night and this morning. :D

I went up to bed (I'm sleeping in with her at the moment) last night and was reading my book when she joined me up on the bed. After lots of purrs and head-butts she settled down and I was lying with my book in my left hand and a cat curled around my right arm. Turning the pages with one hand was quite a challenge......... :)

When it came to sleep time though, she headed off, as usual, to her little pad under the bed. So you can imagine my great surprise when I woke up through the night and found her lying back up beside me!!!! :eek: :D That was lovely.

The joyous moment this morning was when she started to play with the toys in the room of her own free will and with absolutely NO encouragement from myself. I was still in bed at the time!!!

Firstly, her yellow banana was 'killed', she then did a David Beckham impression by battering the noisy tinkly ball all around the room (on a wooden floor at 6am btw...........:glare:) and, as I left to go for my shower, she was letting the Orange Cube know that its days were numbered!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now I might be wrong, but I would say that the playing is a very good positive sign.

So that is where we are at right now. We are in no rush to start trying to integrate just yet - we'll see how the land lies by the weekend. Moo has met McGee a couple of time now; the latest, on Monday, had them both exchanging a few, low-key hisses at each other but him being more interested in smelling around her room than actually bothering with her. In fact, the wee toe-rag hissed at ME when I put him back out again!!!! :eek: :nono:

And there you have it. I hope all of this info is enough to keep you all going until the next update.

The Princess thanks you all for your continuing good wishes and wants you to know that she fully appreciates each and every one of them. :)

xxxxxx

This is just the greatest news !!!​

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:​

:) :) :) Bless her :) she obviously loves you very much MB :)

And to play with her toys ........... :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: That's just amazing :) She must be feeling very happy indeed :)

Her lying with you and then joining you through the night ........ that made me :crying: but in a good way :eek:

Tears of pure joy :) :)

Thank you once again MB for taking my precious girl and giving her the life she deserves xxx

PS ..... go and gag the 9 year old monster :sneaky2:

#9 ·
I personally cannot wait for the inevitable picture of the 4 of them together, and the one I know in my heart will happen---Moo and Merson, cuddled and happy in a ball of white and black fluff.

Excellent progress it sounds like so far. She sounds like one happy little girl.

#11 ·
brilliant news. i'm so glad Moo Moo seems to be settling in. she deserves a lovely life without being bullied - and i bet the cuddles she gives are to die for:)

#14 · (Edited)
Thank you once again MB for taking my precious girl and giving her the life she deserves xxx
Honey, the pleasure really IS all mine, honestly!!!!! :)

PS ..... go and gag the 9 year old monster :sneaky2:
My first thought, when I read this bit, was "But Merson is 11......?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Given some of the neighbours we've had, young Dominic is a little sweetie. And with MY general opinion of children (spit!!) that is saying something!!!! :D

I personally cannot wait for the inevitable picture of the 4 of them together,
4???????

*Moggybaby goes off to count her cats because she is sure there were 5 the last time she looked.............................*

Welshjet............. Give Oscar back RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

:lol: :lol:

brilliant news. i'm so glad Moo Moo seems to be settling in. she deserves a lovely life without being bullied - and i bet the cuddles she gives are to die for :)
Yup!!! They really kind of are.................... :yesnod:

HRH Grumpypants is playing up now and living up to his grumpy monicker!! :rolleyes: For obvious reasons, the rest of the Posse are being slightly short-changed on my time at the moment although I am trying to do my best to give them all plenty of affection. However, this added to the fact that the back room is currently out of action - the VERY room where he likes to sit and look out of the window - is turning him into a right wee hiss-ball just now.

I am considering putting HIM into the cat carrier when he meets Moo Moo for the first time (I didn't need to do this with Oscar or McGee) as I think it will subdue him a bit and he'd be less likely to hiss / snarl at her. Good idea??? Bad Idea??? Suggestions welcome......

It's not going to happen until the weekend at the earliest so we'll see how he goes between now and then.

I haven't even thought as far as letting her properly meet Abby yet............

PP - How the heck do YOU manage with intro's when you have a million cats to do it with.............????? It is bl**dy exhausting. :blink:

Although I KNOW it'll be worth every damn second when they are all fully operational!!!! :D :D :D

#15 ·
so pleased that everything is progressing in the right direction.... cuddles and play so soon is a really fantastic sign :D

Makes me grin from ear to ear, I can only imagine how relieved CCC must be feeling right now... knowing that she has done the absolute right thing for her Princess :D

#17 ·
so pleased that everything is progressing in the right direction.... cuddles and play so soon is a really fantastic sign :D

Makes me grin from ear to ear, I can only imagine how relieved CCC must be feeling right now... knowing that she has done the absolute right thing for her Princess :D
There are just no words to describe the relief i feel , immense doesn't cover it !! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased :) :) :) :)

#18 ·
4???????

*Moggybaby goes off to count her cats because she is sure there were 5 the last time she looked.............................*

Welshjet............. Give Oscar back RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

:lol: :lol:
:blink: How did I forget Oscar?????? It's earlier here, remember--I hadn't finished my coffee :)

#20 ·
This is such fab news.

MB You must really have a way with animals for her to warm to you and trust you so quickly.

You should be very proud of what you've achieved in such a short time.

And CCC you must also be thrilled that you selected such a good slave for the Princess.

I don't think anyone could have hoped for better progress at all! :)

#22 ·
Can you share some pictures of the little princess?

Glad all is going well with her settling in. :)
Once she is more relaxed, I will provide a PLETHORA of pics for you all to drool over, I promise. :)

For the moment though, I don't want to spook her with 'flashy things' or 'weird metal things pointing at her'. She is still skittish and anything different or unusual has her running back under the bed. :eek: :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.