Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Primark paper bag warning!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by katehazelfisher, Jan 4, 2012.

1. katehazelfisher

katehazelfisher PetForums Junior

I left a Primark paper bag on the floor a few days ago that the cats like jumping in but poor Jess just got his head stuck in one on the handles and than ran in panic and rolled down the stairs in it :-( He seems fine and perhaps everyone else would know better than leaving the bag out but thought it might be worth a warning mention!

2. Nico0laGouldsmith

Nico0laGouldsmith PetForums VIP

awwwwwwwww no poor baby!!!

3. katehazelfisher

He is ok I think- happy to recieve some unexpected cat treats!

4. paul maine coon

paul maine coon PetForums Senior

Yes that happened to rusty and it was very lucky that we were in , I don't leave any bags or any thing that could do that like the cord on the blinds etc... Scary

#4 paul maine coon, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Henry did a similar thing many Christmases ago. He ran all around the house with the bag attached to his neck--I think he imagined the big bad bag was chasing him. Finally got him to slow down enough to take it off him. Then he sulked under the bed for hours! He didn't even look as stricken the day he ate a yellow jacket and it stung him in the mouth.

Reading this reminds of how adventurous he's been for an indoor cat!

6. bobby7

bobby7 PetForums Senior

Poor Jess, hope he's recovered from his fright. We give our primark bags to the guineas but cut the handles in half before they get them.

7. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Best not to shop in Primark then ;) :D However, that doesn't keep the children in work ....

8. katehazelfisher

Arggghhh hadn't even thought of blind cords! The list of things to worry about never ends :confused:

9. paul maine coon

Hahah I was thinking that :-D

hobbs2004 likes this.
  10. paul maine coon

Sorry .....I have to hide every thing because if you could fall, hang, drown ,eat , burn Rusty will do it :eek::

#10 paul maine coon, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  11. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Aww poor Jess, hope he's ok now and over his ordeal.

Seb loves all types of bags, I have a Tesco bag for life that I've cut the handles off just in case.

12. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

Got blinds in my bedroom windows and have had to cut the cords so there isnt a loop as Dora loves to sit in the window and had a terrible vision one day.Worse than having kids in the house :)

13. Nico0laGouldsmith

Nico0laGouldsmith PetForums VIP

my house when I think about it is actually the riskiest place for a cat ever. . .so many wires, cords, loops, bags, bottles of detergent, little spaces for her to climb into etc etc etc but my cat has never been interested in anything she shouldn't be. . .which means that when I have cats in the future I'm going to have to be extra vigilant because they wont all be like her!!!!

we even leave the toilet lid open and she's just not nosy enough to get herself into any bad situations!

14. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Mine love bags so I cut the handles now (paper bags) - but only after Willow put her head through one of the giant Boots bags just before Christmas (she wasnt meant to be playing with a plastic bag, I was wrapping presents) and looked liked she had a giant parachute attached to her :lol:

Mine are too nosey and cant be trusted with anything!

Yesterday morning I got out the bath. Rowan was asleep on the bath mat waiting to lick my toes (as usual) and the girls came in and hopped on the side as the bath was draining. Holly decided she wanted a swim so in she jumped - hoiked her out and was drying her, when Willow sat on the end of the bath noseing over, slipped and did a ski slide down the end of the bath into the water - legs getting wider apart the further she slid down! Left Holly to carry on licking her legs while I hoiked Willow out to dry her, then Rowan felt left out so in he jumped and paddled from one end of the bath to the other before looking at me to hoik him out! :lol:

15. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Make sure you cut a hole in the bottom of any plastic bags you've got lying around. I know someone on another forum who tragically lost her dog last month because he got his head stuck inside of a frozen corn dog bag and he suffocated. I never worried about this stuff before :(

16. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I give mine primark bags they love them I just cut the handles off cats love things like boxes bags tunnels I just make sure there is nothing on them that will hurt them

Viv xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice