Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pretty Muddy - anyone done it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JoanneF, Jun 12, 2019.

1. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I'm doing it on Saturday. Does anyone have any tips for things like how to keep your car clean on the way home - I'm planning to cover the seat and myself in bin liners unless anyone has a better idea. Any other tips will be welcome too.

2. AlexPed2393

AlexPed2393 PetForums VIP

Imagine yourself to be a big smelly dog and plan that way.

Take a towel for yourself to dry yourself off as much as you can then its Spare shoes, baggy tracksuit bottoms to just throw over everything and a hoodie you don't really care about. Essentially you are covering yourself head to toe to contain the mud rather than trying to wash it off. Cover car seat with towels and a bag underneath them to soak up some wetness and be a barrier to the water getting to the car seat.

Never done a muddy run thing but rugby training in winter is pretty much the same thing isn't it?

Boxer123, JoanneF and niamh123 like this.
  3. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Love it! Thanks, some great tips there. I am so looking forward to it, it looks like great fun.

AlexPed2393 likes this.
  4. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

My daughter did it 2 years ago she loved every minute of it she said she laughed most of the way around the course,she was still washing dirt out of her hair 2 days later:D

JoanneF likes this.
  5. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Well, we did it - it was great fun, i definitely will do it again.

Some photos if anyone is interested!

received_350845215629499.jpeg 20190615_162016.jpg received_2532128620155079.jpeg

6. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Well done! It looks like you had a brilliant time!

7. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

We did. We have been doing the normal one for years but we found out last year that not a penny of the fee we pay goes to cancer - it all goes to the Race for Life itself. Only sponsorship money goes to cancer research and because we do it every year, we don't really like to ask people again and again. So we thought we would try the Pretty Muddy event because at least you are getting some fun and basically not just paying for a walk round the park which is totally free at any other time.

8. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Looks fun! OH has just entered the 'muddy dugger' canni X race with Tilly. Will be in august in kilmarnock. I think it just involves running through mud, though im not sure.

JoanneF and FAW56 like this.
  9. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Well done you looks like you had a brilliant time:)

JoanneF likes this.
  10. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

We did thanks - great fun, especially the water slide at the end - I felt like a big kid again!

niamh123 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice