Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Presents!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by dootgirl, Jul 15, 2009.

1. dootgirl

dootgirl PetForums Junior

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on cat's bringing us gifts. My beautiful girl has brought us a few birds in the past 10 weeks since we have had her, but always left them outside the cat flap which isn't too bad. This morning she brought a rat into the house!:eek: It was dead and not maimed. She is so proud of herself. If she could point to it and say 'Look what I've done, she would do!' Anyoune experience this on a regular basis? I've heard you're not supposed to be angry or disapproving because they love you but is there a way to stop it? Thank you!

2. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

Our cats bring - birds, mice, voles, frogs and we had a rabbit once :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

And also - one bought us next doors baby guinea pig :shocked:
    One of our cats brings mice in, doesnt hurt them, puts them on the floor.

We get it on a regular basis and no, theres no way to stop it that i know of lol

#2 ~Tete, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  3. dootgirl

dootgirl PetForums Junior

Oh my life! Guess I'll be happy with the rat then!:D

4. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Lucky dont bring presents back for me...her love is enough she thinks....

5. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

Tilda brought me two birds at once, once. I was quite impressed considering she has brain damage!

6. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Well talking of presents on Monday early morning about half 4 :eek: i woke up hearing a loud high pitched screeching sound, i jumped out of bed thinking one of the gerbils was hurt .. i turned on the hall light only to find 4 of my darlings teasing a large frog in the hall :rolleyes: it was totally unhurt but shocked by the sound of it so .. i put it in my sons ( cleaning out gerbil tank ) and left it for hubby to put back in the garden when he came home :D i'm not a frog lover so i wasn't very appreciative of my LIVE present :001_tt2: x Thing is they ALL have extra bells on their collar's and the bird catching has stopped !!!

#6 Midnight, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

god i wouldnt have liked to woke to that...funny tho..

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Syd brought me a water vole last night, he put it on my feet in bed, and it was still alive. I jumped up and quickly put it outside (found it dead this morning:(). I might even have said some naughty words such as "heck" and "darn it" ;) but I wasn't feeling very grateful for my lovely gift:cursing:.

9. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Damien has only brought in a bird once only it was half eaten I was nearly sick. Luckily OH got rid of it but I'm glad he never really does it.

10. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

My last cat did that. She'd do my mum's head in as she would scratch her bedroom window at about 1am to be let in, my mum would open the window to let her in not even looking at her & she would run downstairs to me & drop it in front of me. I wouldn't notice until I felt it run past my feet. :eek:

Soon after we banned the cat going out after 7pm...

11. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Ewww - glad my two aren't allowed out at night 'cos Lucky would definately follow Syd's example given the chance.

12. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

i work with someone whos cat brings presents all the time. once he/she (is a boy but called mary lol) brought a bird which was inside out.

Sheldon has never done it and personally i dnt think i could cope. i dnt do very well with dead animals on my doorstep lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice