UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
31,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there is a call once again for ALL prescription charges to be abolished.Fingers crossed it happens.Only 12% of people in Engand pay for prescriptions,i didn't know that. lol.:D:D:D

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I hope they do Jan :D :D I cant afford to be ill lol, I have to pick which medicene's i need the most ive just signed up for a 3month prepaid prescription certificate, so you can bet they will abolish it now lol :smilewinkgrin:.

Its only fair they should, as they are free in Wales & Scotland i belive, not sure about Island or the Channel Islands tho.............:smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
31,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12% is that all?? i didnt know this either! They are pretty expensive arent they?!
At the momment its £7.20 per item.:mad:

I hope they do Jan :D :D I cant afford to be ill lol, I have to pick which medicene's i need the most ive just signed up for a 3month prepaid prescription certificate, so you can bet they will abolish it now lol :smilewinkgrin:.

Its only fair they should, as they are free in Wales & Scotland i belive, not sure about Island or the Channel Islands tho.............:smilewinkgrin:
LOL i got mine for the year,and i'm 60 in January when i wouldn't have to pay for them anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My brother has to pay for prescriptions. £8 a week for the rest of his life. The doctors will not give him 2 weeks or a months worth of medication at a time because he would then have to pay less per month! Ridiculous! :cursing:

·
Registered
22,552 Posts
My brother has to pay for prescriptions. £8 a week for the rest of his life. The doctors will not give him 2 weeks or a months worth of medication at a time because he would then have to pay less per month! Ridiculous! :cursing:
I would tell him to change doctors! Mine now prescribe a months worth.

·
Registered
31,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He would be better of buying a prepayment card.:D:D

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It's difficult for him to change doc's because he lives in the middle of nowhere and the next nearest doc's is 20 miles away! :(

What is a prepayment card?

·
Registered
22,552 Posts
It's difficult for him to change doc's because he lives in the middle of nowhere and the next nearest doc's is 20 miles away! :(

What is a prepayment card?
I would write to the practice manager then, its just wrong they should be doing this.

I think its where you pay a one off sum and it covers all prescription charges for that time.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Its time these charges were abolished, its stupid that you have to pay £7.20 per item, more so if you're ill enough to be off work at the same time.
Luckily the docs where I go tell you what you can buy over the counter and whether its cheaper. So only prescribes stuff that cant be bought. I curse him sometimes but hes no a bad lad really.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Perhaps that's why it's so expensive then, given only 12% pay.

Yes we pay National Insurance contributions to the NHS but let's be honest, it's not big bucks each pay cheque is it. All our other treatment is free....GP visits/hospital visits/surgery etc (dont shoot me LOL)

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Perhaps that's why it's so expensive then, given only 12% pay.

Yes we pay National Insurance contributions to the NHS but let's be honest, it's not big bucks each pay cheque is it. All our other treatment is free....GP visits/hospital visits/surgery etc (dont shoot me LOL)
Yep i agree i spent 5 weeks in hopsital when i was having my little boy i got way more spent on me then i couldve paid them from my national insurence payments i dont know how much it costs them per person per day But with my meds and all the tests and then my labour and after care im sure it was prob close to £20k+ for it all

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.