Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Preparing to say goodbye

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Brenda Stewart, May 21, 2019.

1. Brenda Stewart

Brenda Stewart PetForums Newbie

Hello. I hope it’s ok to post here as my cat hasn’t passed yet. But I’m reslly struggling. She’s 18 and the vet thinks she’s reaching the end of her life. It’s so hard to watch her change more each day. She sleeps so much more. Eats so much less. I’m doing everything I can to make her comfortable. I’ve bought lots of different soft foods as new flavours seem to entice her appetite. She still drinks lots of water and her whiskas cat milk. But I’m really struggling to accept this. I was 6 when I got her and have grown up with her and I don’t know how to cope with losing her. I can’t sleep with worry and I’m
    Struggling to eat and I cry a lot. I am grateful I have gotten this much time with her but watching her grow more tired with each day is heartbreaking. Especially as it feels it’s happened very suddenly. The vet said she is ok to be at home. She’s on pain medicine to help with her arthritis Although I had to reduce her dose as she was having a bad reaction to it. I just hope I’m doing enough to help her. How do I cope with this? I’m trying to keep myself distracted but at the end of the day I break down imagining my life without her.

2. JulieHMB

JulieHMB PetForums Newbie

Hi - I understand how utterly devastating it is. As I type I am counting down the hours as my beloved cocker spaniel has colon cancer and tomorrow afternoon we have the appt to stop his pain & suffering. I have had him for 12yrs and he's seen me through everything. Can't imagine life without him but know this is the last thing I can do for him.
    Heartbroken doesnt come close to how I'm feeling.
    We will both get through these tough times knowing that we gave our pets the BEST life ever.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice