Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Preparing a Show Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BessieDog, Sep 2, 2013.

1. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

Great thread and pics. Shame about not being placed, but she really does look lovely :)

2. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I daren't take her when the tide is completely out - she'd be all the way across the other side! Recall is non existent when she's running like this, but there's no where she can go and she'll come back eventually. In the meantime she's only chasing seagulls and not interfering with other dogs or people. So very occasionally I let her have a good run. Usually we go when the tide's in so she hasn't got so far to run and doesn't end up with a mud pack! :)

I love seeing her run - but my OH has kittens!

3. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

:eek: :eek: The mud and grass pack! Oh my God! That's a pre-show heart attack for me right there :eek:

She's standing beautifully, though. ;)

4. la468

la468 Guest

Gorgeous dog. :D

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

It's great that she's behaving so well at shows now - that's a big bonus despite not being placed :). Lovely photos too - the mud and grass one made me laugh!

6. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Thanks Dogless. Took me almost exactly a year to get her to stand and move properly which just shows persistence pays off. I was told a number of times by people at shows that they'd had one 'just like her', and they gave up with him/her. I think people thought I was mad carrying on, but I always hoped we'd get there in the end. It was mainly my fault because I didn't know what I was doing, and only hers as she was taking advantage! :)

I still expect her to have the odd moment - probably when it's most embarrassing.

Just shows that you should never give up!

7. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

Gosh, isn't she looking super in the ring now? You've done a brilliant job with her :biggrin:

Your pre-show routine seems very similar to ours although Wybie prefers a poo-pack :yesnod:

8. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Thanks!

Hmm - think I'll stick to mud! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice