Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pregnat cat need help

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by spankingtigger, Jun 22, 2009.

1. spankingtigger

spankingtigger PetForums Member

right i have never had a pregnant cat before and i have just been given one as the owners didnt want her any more!!

this is her 4th litter this year which is shocking.

i think she only has about a week ish left to go and not knowing anything i would love for some infor on what i need and should have handy for her and her kittens!!

wat is the best food etc

any help would be greatfully recived :) :)

2. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Good heavens, I didn't think it was even possible for a cat to have four litters a year!

Liz

3. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

poor thing :(

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

poor kitty,all them kittens, bless her, keep us posted how she gets on,:)

5. Missymoo

Missymoo PetForums Senior

Oh dear poor little kitty!! she should be eating kitten food now little at a time and a birthing box will come in handy for her!! good luck hope all goes well for the poor girl x

6. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Given that we have a Queen who was calling when her baby was just over 1 week old I would imagine it's very possible if the poor thing had an irresponsible owner.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

Poor little girl. I remember how thin Tabitha got after just one litter - there's no way I'd have put her through that again without a very long break for her to recover. As she's a moggie and I'd exhausted good homes I had her spayed.

If you look at the list of sticky threads at the top there's one listed 'things you need in your birthing box' or something like that. You may find that useful.

It's important to build her up now - with a good quality (high meat or fish content) kitten food. Feed little and often as her tummy may not have so much room in it now she is full up with her fur babies. I'd give her some kitten milk but I know others may disagree as it can cause an upset tummy in some cats. I used it with Tabitha and think it did help build her up a bit.

I'm glad she now has you to care for her - it doesn't sound like her previous owners were very loving slaves.

Good luck. When she is having them you will probably find someone on here who can help you, if you have any questions. There are lots of breeders who have loads of experience.

8. spankingtigger

thank you for your help i have just come home from work to check on her as i dont want her to go out side she is now happly sat on my lap purring away as if she has always lived with me :)

i am going to the shops after work to get her kitten food, and then going to pets at home to buy her lots of toys and beds hehe she will be spoilt lol

she now has a brand new coller, new cat mat for when she is in the kitchen when im at work and a new food bowl.

i will go look at that thread and see what else i need to get :) if you think of anything let me know :)

9. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

Sounds like she has a good home now, poor thing.
    Has she seen a vet and had a check up after all those litters.

10. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I read that they can have 5 a year!

but 4 litters in 6 months?!?! that isnt possilbe is it?!

poor girl, glad you are helping her out now!

11. spankingtigger

all i no its that i have seen her pregnant 3 times and the old owner said she had already had a litter :( and i very much dout it that she has seen a vet since she was born i have her booked in at the vets though but am hoping my loan money comes first as im a bit skint at the mo lol (just bought her loads of new stuff) oops lol

it there a high chance she might have worms???? wat are the signs? a i have just seen her dragging her bum on the floor but then started grooming so not sure if she was just getting in a comphy position any ideas???

12. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

you can worm her with panacur, she would poo out worms and can sick them up, its really yuk to see :(

good luck, poor girl :(

13. Angeli

Angeli PetForums Senior

Give your girl a saucer of kitten formula daily such as Cimicat etc. which you can get from a vet or online pet store. This will help build her up and provide all of the essential vitamins and minerals for her growing babies.

I have given it as a drink to my queens when they have been off their food - they never refuse any when offered and it goes down a treat if given slightly warm.

14. spankingtigger

i have not seen any worms in her poo, and she has not been sick which is a good sign i guess, i have checked her again and see no flea on her so again a good sign :)

i am feeding her on kitten meat little and often and she has access to kitten biccys and fresh water 24/7.

1 good thing about her previous owners is they litter trained her so thats good she now has 2 litter trays one in the kitchen where she spends most of her day (her choice) i think she like the cooler floor, and one in here my room where she spend the night (away from the 2 other cats in the house)

she was sat on my lap earlier and i could feel the babies moving around soooo strange lol she does love her tummy been tickled

all in all she is a spoilt little girl living the high life now, only problem is she likes jumping on work tops and tables and i feel so mean not been able to let her out side :(

any advice on how to get her to stop jumping on work tops etc???

oh and i love her loads hehe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice