Pregnant stray

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Amanda gregory, Nov 27, 2017.

?

Pregnant?

1. Yes!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Amanda gregory

Amanda gregory PetForums Newbie

A beautiful affectionate stray showed up at my house three nights ago. She was clearly someone’s pet at one time but was very skinny and underfed. I’d guess she has been on the street for several weeks. I picked her up and though- oh she just had babies! So I fed her and kept her outside so she’s go home to her kittens. The next day, after playing with her some more and looking at her in the light, I started to belive she was pregnant still. Her breast tissue is enlarged and her nipple are large however they are not pink- they are a neutral color and very flat, not round. Looking at her I’d guess she is five weeks pregnant- just starting to show, and not pregnant enough to feel movement from the uterus. She looks as if She is barely pregnant...
    But now, I’m second guessing myself.

When I decided that I think she’s is pregnant I brought her inside. she made herself at home and has not asked or attempted to leave the house at all. She just eats and lounges about. My instinct says she is pregnant but I’m feeling terrible that maybe she just had a littler and she abandoned them - and I’m hoping I diddnt contribute to abandonment.

Iv attached a picture I took last night of her resting in my bed.

Attached Files:

2. Amanda gregory

Here is another pic of her belly and nipples. Not pink really. But also doesn’t look like she has nursed at all reciently.

Attached Files:

#2 Amanda gregory, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  3. Amanda gregory

As I sit her petting her- I feel her belly is very round and firm. I feel a bit silly even questioning a pregnancy - I guess I’m just anxious.

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Very hard to tell from the photos. Can you feel any movement at all?

5. Amanda gregory

Not exactly. Sometimes I think I feel movement but then I think it’s something else.
    This may be a more telling picture.

Almost pregnant cats iv cares for in the past have super pink dark nippels and this one does not which strikes me as odd.

Attached Files:

6. Amanda gregory

That big round belly in the last photo is ... well, big and round, compared to the rest of her body that was skin and bones from living on the street.

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

She definitely looks to have a rounded tummy in that last photo. It's either a matter of wait and see or take her to a vet to check. It could be worms

Lurcherlad likes this.
  8. pennycat

pennycat PetForums Member

Aww poor thing! So nice that you’ve taken her in. Can you get her to a vet to check?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  9. Amanda gregory

I had thought about worms btbher behavior seems more indiciative of pregnancy. It’s a waiting game now.

I can’t get her to a vet right now. It’s so close to the holidays I’m just flat broke and our local animal organization is out of vouchers until the new year- but I bet we have kittens by then.

10. Pinto

Pinto PetForums Member

I have never had a pregnant cat, she is lucky she landed on your doorstep. I hope everything goes well.

Amanda gregory likes this.
  11. Amanda gregory

So a week or so ha gone by and she is CLEARLY pregnant. I’d be surprised if we had fewer than four kittens. So much visible movement.
    Thanks for all the comments :)

Clairabella and lymorelynn like this.
  12. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Glad she found you then! ;)

Good luck with it all :)

Clairabella likes this.