Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant Semi-Feral Foster

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Pelascini23, Apr 24, 2019.

1. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Hopefully there's an update soon as I've bene thinking about this situation a lot through the night.

2. Pelascini23

Pelascini23 PetForums Newbie

Hi all! So sorry I forgot to update you! I've been in Greece volunteering with a cat charity for a week now and completely forgot. Good news! The day after I got here we got a call from my step dad who stayed behind to look after her... She had 4 huge healthy kittens overnight! There's a gigantic ginger, a tortie and two tabbies! He didn't think she'd had them because he wasn't woken up during the night by any noises, and when he came down there was no blood or anything, so he went to go make breakfast. When he came back in she had rolled over and was facing him and there they all were! I haven't seen them in person yet as I'm here for another 2 weeks but my mum is back with them now and she says they are giant! We've been bottle-feeding orphaned kittens here and even the 3 week olds are only half the size of Saffie's babies! I'm sure she must have had a hard time getting them out as again they are big! They are all feeding well and have been having a few scraps over the best teats. They are a week old today and mum says they are all starting to open their eyes! I'm honestly so proud of Saffie, it was so worrying leaving her when she was still pregnant, and I knew so much could go wrong, but she's being an incredible mum and everyone seems healthy and happy. I'll try and send over some photos of them all too, they are adorable! Thanks all of you for your help, I'm so glad this birth went okay, and we'll definitely be fostering another pregnant mum when these ones are grown and adopted.

David C and lymorelynn like this.
  3. Pelascini23

4f240038-1422-4245-90ba-930b7dcf263b.jpg This was the day they were born!

4. Rufus15

Rufus15 Banned

Thanks for the update, I'm so glad mum and babies are doing well

5. Pelascini23

Thanks, I'm glad too, we're definitely going to be adopting mum after her kittens have new homes, she's such a sweetie and we can't wait to give her the pampered life she deserves! There's actually a cat here in Greece that we are adopting too! We're still waiting on blood test results but if she's able to fly then she'll be coming to England sometime this year! Hopefully they'll both get along, we didn't plan on falling in love with a cat here, but at the charity I'm volunteering for there are over 200 cats, and of course one of them was going to catch our eye! My mum should be sending me some better photos of the kittens today, I'll post them as soon as I can :D

Raggie08, lymorelynn and Rufus15 like this.
  6. Raggie08

Raggie08 PetForums Member

So glad all went well, good luck with everything in Greece x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice