Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant Queen Help

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Rose08, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Rose08

Rose08 PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I’ve been browsing this site a lot throughout my first queen’s first pregnancy and I am looking for some advice on when to expect labour to commence!

She is currently 61 days. Her nipples became enlarged and “crusty” at the beginning of week 4. The “crust” doesn’t look like milk, I think maybe they are scabs as she has licked all the hair away from her nips. Should I be concerned about this?

Her belly currently feels hard, as though if the kittens were to get any bigger she would explode! I can definitely feel the kittens moving around inside and even hear little noises inside her tummy.

She is normally very friendly and affectionate however over the last couple of days she’s been following me around (even waiting outside the bathroom for me) and seems extra affectionate. However, today she seems very affectionate but also very irritable. She will come sit with me and roll over for me to stroke her belly and then she will suddenly start whipping her tail and kicking my hand away.

I have not seen any milk from her nipples or any mucous from her privates.

She is a very small cat and I’m really worried as honestly her belly seems like it can’t hold anymore!

Any advice please?

Thank you

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Is she a pedigree breeding cat?

The dry/waxy nipples are normal.

As she’s close to due I’d be keeping her in one room so she can settle into her kittening box. Somewhere you can also sleep in case she goes into labour during the night.

Clinginess is also normal.

moggie14 likes this.
  3. Umm Kulthum

Umm Kulthum PetForums Newbie

Usually they have the kittens on the 65th day.

4. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Well that would be convenient - if it were fact.

5. Umm Kulthum

Umm Kulthum PetForums Newbie

I know right! My kitties usually have them on the 65th day tho. Once she had them on the 67th day. She was about to pop though!

6. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

61 days from what? I've found various ways of counting. Up to 70 days from first mating is normal.

But got to ask, if she is very small, why have you let her get pregnant?

havoc likes this.
  7. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Thread is almost a month old, we will probably never know

Rufus15 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice