Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant mum of 13:For every child they take, I’ll have another

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xgemma86x, Jul 30, 2009.

1. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

Jazzy likes this.
  2. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Absolutely disgusting - they should be ashamed of themselves.:mad: :mad:

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

This makes me so angry :cursing:

5. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

People make me sick >_<

Peace
    Akai-Chan

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That makes me very sad.
    Why can't she just give up and see they are being taken off her for a reason! She is just churing out all these poor kids, ones with disabilities too, who will grow up with someone elses family.
    It makes me sad because she obviously does not care for the kids she has had, or she would be trying to fight back. I am sure that you cannot legally adopt until the biological parnet has signed, she could have taken them to court, she could have gotten the social to investigate it further. She is obviously a very stupid woman to think that eventually they will let her keep a kid!
    She should leave having kids to those who really deserve them :(

x

7. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I can see where you are all coming from, but if she has never been arrested isn't she innocent until proven guilty? If there has never been any formal investigation then how is it possible that social services know that its true?

I find that she lost her son because she left the hospital sad, but by that time that she had all them kids taken into care then social services would find any excuse to take him rather than giving her a chance. If I had that many children taken off me and I sincerly wanted a child I would be heartbroken that I wasn't allowed to keep my own child, especially when criminals get to have children!

With help then she may be able to become a successful mother. The council gives lots of help to underprivelidged familys and help them overcome obstacles, why should they be any different? I know myself what its like to get help from them because of my brother and dad having autism and they can really help you become a better family and help you understand, and to be able to deal with your situation.

Why not help people out, and help them to change rather than cause them misery?

8. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

Once they are taken in by the social services by 'force' they are no longer anything to do with the biological parent. The social services are only allowed to take the kids away from the parents without the parents consent if they have a good reason and evidence to prove it. Completely agree with you too :)

Peace
    Akai-Chan

9. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

The tried to help her change, they took her into pre-birth assessment classes whic is, unfortunately, pretty much all they can do. If there is an allegation against her and the social services feel the childs life, health or wellbeing is at risk then they are allowed to take the kid away, whether tere is proof or not.

Peace
    Akai-Chan

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Should forcefully rip her ovaries out I reckon - without her having any anaesthetic :rolleyes: or maybe a back street abortion so she doesn't take up any more of the NHS or our money :mad:

People like her disgust me completely.

No-one can claim to be a good mother and go and do that to their kids. Those kids will have a much better life without her (assuming the social have done their job correctly :rolleyes:)

11. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

I wish i could have one! That is so wrong! Should not be allowed! She should be stopped from being allowed to do it!
    for someone like me who was a surrogate for my best friend! As she had cancer when she was 10 and was infertile!
    i had her daughter for her and her husband when i was 20! Her daughter is now 14 she knows me as auntie sandy! My friend feels guilty for this!
    But as i say i nearly lost her as a friend we went through so much! I sat by herside when she had chemo etc! Washed her face after she was sick with treatment! Helped her mum look after her! Her mum had arthritis real bad!
    So i helped as much as i could! I was her cheif bridesmaid!
    When i hit 20 i found out i had infertile! This is so sad!
    But i have the most perfect fiancee! And as he says he will have a couple of fur babies because we can't have our own!
    Oh before i forget good morning everyone!
    Sandy

12. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

I'm not too sure how I feel about this to be honest.

I do think she should stop having children. There is obviously a reason why her children are all born with disabilities. I wonder if she'd be allowed to keep them if they weren't disabled?? The fact that she is having them so close together can't be doing her body any good. I hate how the whole article is based on taxpayers money. Yes, they should support themselves but that doesnt stop them from being good parents.

I don't know. I don't think we should be so quick to judge her. They obviously are desperate to have a child that they can keep. If they didn't care about their children, they wouldn't want another one. She needs support, not criticising.

What exactly has she done wrong to have the children taken away from her? Past history. I'm guessing (by looking at them), that they were dependant on drugs and most probably alochol. People CAN and DO change.

If it was me, I'd go on the run. You don't HAVE to have medical care during pregnancy so really nobody would know she was pregnant and they could live happily, move abroad or something.

#12 Buggles, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  13. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

They need the message drilled into their head, they aren't good parents and let's hope they get the message. They're just having babies, and then ruining their children's lives because they'll probably grow up without a permanent parent figure...they should be ashamed :mad:

14. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule PetForums Senior

I tend to agree with this.
    There are many people who like being pregnant, but dont necessarily like all the kids they produce. You only have to look at the poorer areas of all our towns and cities to see families with 6 or more children living in council accomodation. For some people that is all they know to do.
    I would like to think that every avenue of support has been offered- to my mind it might be worth giving them a mentor to work closely with them and teach them what is needed properly. Alternatively assess them with one of those imitation baby computerised dolls (the ones they give to young teenagers who are pregnant) to see if they would cope long term with that.
    Unfortunately if we forcibly steralised her, we would have the human right brigade up in arms, and then she would become an icon for all those who are like minded with her.
    I do hope someone can make her see sense and stop producing babies, for producings sake. But I guess I'm just whissing in the wind

15. CharleyRogan

How do they know whether they are good parents? They haven't been able to experience it! How can you judge these people from a short article which is slagging them off? Newspapers put a slant on everything so more facts are needed.

Also, if social services just 'think' that harm may come to a child, then basically people are saying that they can do it on a whim...... thats like me saying you are guilty of a crime and i'm going to punish you when I have absolutely no evidence what so ever..... is this fair?

They obviously want to be a family so much, and the social services are splitting them up.

I have had it in my family where social services tried to split us up, mainly because my parents split up and my dad has autism and they didn't think he could cope with an autistic son. He had to do everything he could to show them that he was a good dad.... he is an excellent dad and we have all grown up well. We all got good grades and were happy, but still they looked for any reason to separate us. It was only when my brother went to a special school 200 miles away did they start to give us help to mend the family when my brother left. They did help us in the end and we are now closer than we were, but I know what social services are like. They should spend more time dealing with parents that actually abuse their kids rather than taking the kids away from parents who they actually have no evidence to say they are hurting their kids.

I think you do have to report that you are pregnant, because you need to register the baby after it is born, so they would know that they had another one!

#15 CharleyRogan, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  16. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

This is terrible! Thirteen have been takin away, and shes deciding to have another one.... Im sorry, but a mum that lives on benefits IMO should not be aloud any more than 2 children, its a bit to hard for them to cope, and there children will not get the best out of life, im sorry to all you people who live on benefits.... But its My Opinion! I cant believe that they are letting her have another one, if there has been an aggresive past, im sure without counsilling, there still is an "Agressive side" in here!!!

17. debbie1981

debbie1981 PetForums Senior

This is so sad, poor children x

18. CharleyRogan

Even without benefits, not every family is rolling in it, their children don't have private schooling, and money whenever they want it. As long as you have love and a environment suitable for children, money is only a contributing factor. Yes money helps, but its not the be all and end all.

My family is on benefits with 3 children, 1 of which goes to an expensive school 200 miles away, to give the best chance at life with his disability, should he not be allowed that opportunity because we cannot afford it? It is an elitest society where the rich get whatever they want and where the poor get subsidised for the chance and get slagged off for it.

You may notice, they aren't letting her have another one..... they can't stop her! But they will just take her baby away from her when its born.

19. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

thats soo wrong, if society has decided she is a bad mother, and iv seen some really naff parents who have been able to keep their kids, then she should be steralised!!!! after 13 youd think shed be improving as a parent if shes not shes just wasting tax payers money which we dont have, the country is in enough of a mess without selfish idiots like these making things worse!!!!

There are people out there who really want children and shes having them with out a care in the world. if she wants kids so badly, surely shed want to be the best mom she ould be so she should be doing things to improve her parenting skills, not just keep popping them out!!!!:cursing:

20. Nicci

Nicci Guest

To demand that she is sterilised would cause outcry, to forceibly do it would go against her human rights. I notice the paper haven't actually gone into great detail explaining what she's actually guilty of ? Yet she's being treated worse than a criminal.

I've never actually dealt with social services on a personal level regarding my own children - but had dealings with them when I was a child, they do actually make me want to scream, there is no proof that this woman has actually do anything wrong - the article just explains social services feel she has lack of parenting ability yet how do they know for sure when they haven't actually let her keep a single one of her babies ? Social services are not supposed to forcibly take your children inless there is evidence without a doubt that there is something actually going on but time and time again they lie through their teeth and twist words around to their advantage, they've even been known to take children away from their parents just because the parent has a low IQ - How wrong is that ? Anyone actually seen the movie "I am Sam" so I'd like to know really what they found when carrying out all their assessments, how can they even begin to assess situation when the children are not present as they've already been taken away.

There is such a thing as forced adoption to make government targets look good ;) look it up, you will find many articles!.
    Social workers have been known time and time again to get things wrong and lie through their teeth to get what they want, after all it's easier to get a baby adopted out than it is for instance a child on 8-9 after all they may come with loads of baggage! ;)

#20 Nicci, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice