Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant mouse?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Emily255, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Emily255

Emily255 PetForums Newbie

55F599A5-12B4-41C3-AC46-5DF56368D75E.jpeg Hi Guys.
    I’m new to this forum and just wondered if there’s anyone who would be able to give me some advice with one of my mice.

They’re looked at everyday and recently we have noticed that one of them has become a lot larger in the stomach... they’re fed the same and eat roughly the same amount. Everywhere I have looked points to her being pregnant. Any advice is welcome!

Thanks in advance!

#1 Emily255, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. AnnB

AnnB PetForums Member

She looks a very sweet Mouse. How long have you had her, are all your Mice definitely female?

Some Mice are a bit more prone to weight gain than others and they can be very much like people and eat all the things that are bad for them while ignoring all the healthy food available to them so she may not be pregnant.

3. Emily255

Emily255 PetForums Newbie

Thank you for your reply. Turns out she was pregnant and we now have about 10 adorable wriggly babies. Don’t know exact numbers as don’t want to disturb her while she’s getting on with it. She is very sweet in temperament and loves to be loved!

4. AnnB

AnnB PetForums Member

Congratulations!

She could probably use a bit of extra protein in her diet right now then. A mealworm every couple of days perhaps?

Emily255 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice