Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant kitty, when will it be time??

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Antonia La Vista, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Antonia La Vista

Antonia La Vista PetForums Newbie

Hi guys,
    Got a queen here who I swear has been pregnant for ages. She should be between 65-70 and she has shown no signs of slowing down the food intake (which I heard is one of the first signs?). I've been able to see the kittens moving for 2 weeks now, along with her constant eating/sleeping/cuddling. She is fine as far as I'm aware, just a bit curious at to what could be taking so long if this has been a long time. I've never had a pregnant cat before so I'm a little nervous about everything whilst being very excited.
    Also have multiple areas all set up for her throughout the house, if they will even be used, as well for when it's time.
    I don't entirely have a specific question just wanting to find out more about others experiences or information in case I've missed something

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Is this your cat or a rescue?

Not all cats go off their food, most of my girls don’t.
    I’d set her up in one room with her birthing box, bedroom is ideal as you can keep an eye easily overnight.

She also needs to be kept indoors until spayed, kittens should stay with mum for 12-13 weeks and ideally be neutered, vaccinated before adoption.

Rufus15 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice