UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I found out 2 weeks ago that my husky is pregnant (with my other husky) it wasn't planned and i tried everything to keep them apart, she wore knickers but i came home twice and they were on the floor :yikes:. When she had her scan 2 weeks ago the vet said she was due in around 2-3 weeks, i have been taking her temperature and tonight it has dropped to 98.60 (37c) she is laying on her side just staring at me, she is still eating bits and has started to lose a clear like liquid (can only describe the texture as being like flem). Should i be calling the vet now? Thank you:confused:

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
I won't even begin to go into how irresponsible it is to leave an entire dog and bitch together when the bitch is in season, or even when one of them has been neutered, hoping a pair of pants that are designed to catch blood from seasons NOT to prevent dogs mating will stop anything happening. You are very lucky neither was injured, and you are very irresponsible to not have taken your bitch for a mismate since you must have suspected they could have mated, it's a very iffy ooops litter probably yet again with not a whiff of health tests to be seen and rescue organisations overflowing.

========================================

First piece of advice, grow a very thick skin, I won't be the last to criticise you letting your dog and bitch go through this, I hope they're not closely related.

Secondly, have you got your whelping kit ready and some where quiet for your bitch with a whelping box set up? Have you got a heat lamp set up as well? Have you increased your bitches food?

Did you see her lose a mucous plug or is it a stringy substance? If it's actual liquid, she could well be on the way. If you're not experienced at taking temperatures you could be getting a false reading, so I wouldn't count them as reliable, just a guide.

I hope for your girl's sake all goes smoothly, my post probably seems incredibly harsh and person to you right now, where as it is just honest. You do not realise the risks you have allowed your dogs to go through so far, and what might be facing your girl. Take a quick look down a few posts and you'll see just how many complications can happen on a regular basis.

If you have a vet you can rely on, and I really hope you do, give them a call, they will need to know whether they need to be on stand by should anything go wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.