Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant Cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Evie’N’SteviesMomma, Jan 8, 2021.

?

Pregnant?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Evie’N’SteviesMomma

Evie’N’SteviesMomma PetForums Newbie

Hey guys I was really looking for some help and advice. My girl cat had her first litter in September 2020. Shortly after on the 6th November my male cat was neutered. Around this time and a few days after him being neutered was the last time she was in heat. Obviously we are in January now so about 9 weeks have passed and I really think my girl is pregnant. She’s a house cat so she doesn’t go out but I can’t tell. I can’t feel them moving around but with her last litter I couldn’t either? Her nipples are large and pink and she is quite big around her stomach too.
    she is normally a really reserved kitty, but over the past few days she’s becoming more loving. She is however still jumping on the kitchen worktops and running around but she is mainly just sleeping. I’ll post a video and some photos if it lets me. What do you think?

#1 Evie’N’SteviesMomma, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  2. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums VIP

Seems likely, but you really need to get her checked by the vet.

3. lillytheunicorn

lillytheunicorn PetForums VIP

Males cats can father litters up to 6 weeks after neutering. So she is very likely pregnant. She can be spayed when the kittens are 6 weeks old.

4. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

The vet should have warned you he would remain fertile for up to 12 weeks post neutering.
    Poor girl having litters so close together, she should have been spayed months ago.

5. Evie’N’SteviesMomma

Thank you! I’m still learning with the cats I haven’t had them that long. And I am quite young myself. Both were rescue. The vets didn’t tell me this and I’ve felt awful ever since I had a feeling she fell pregnant again. Your reply was very helpful I appreciate it

6. Evie’N’SteviesMomma

Thanks for your reply. The vet didn’t tell me this and I know you have to wait a while before getting the girl done which is why i got the boy done first. I’ve felt awful ever since I found out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice