Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant cat

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Estelle Howe, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Estelle Howe

Estelle Howe PetForums Newbie

Hi my cat is pregnant and she lost some brown for a few days and since yesterday she has been rubbing her self on anything and winging and brown stuff has been coming out when her tail shake I am just wondering what it is

2. Fendi

Fendi PetForums Junior

Do you know how many days she’s been pregnant? Is it more than 60 days? If so she may be going into labour. Has she gone off her food? Is she licking her ‘lady bits’ ? These are signs of labour.

if this is new to you/first time I suggest going to a vet or having a vet on stand by with a phone call. Stay calm bc mummy cats can sense our feelings and if you’re anxious it may make her anxious too.

hopefully the more experienced breeders on this site will pop into to tell you what may be going on.

OrientalSlave likes this.
  3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

The brown colour is from blood - old blood. As above, she might be going into labour, or she may be going to miscarry.

If she was mine I would be ringing my vet. I do hope you know when she got pregnant as that makes their lives a lot easier.

Edit: I would have rung my vet when the discharge started. One of my cats had what you describe, starting at 60 days, she ended up having a section as she had one very large dead kitten. Thankfully that was during normal hours so the bill including a change of painkiller and an additional anti-sickness drug was under £500. And out-of-hours section would be 3-4 times more expensive. My vet did a super job, she didn't have to be spayed (she is a registered pedigree) and she recovered very well.

#3 OrientalSlave, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  4. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Call you vet and get her checked. I would not expect to see brown discharge from any of our girls when pregnant.

5. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Is there an odour to the discharge? It's not normal, but odour especially is concerning.

Can only echo others- have her seen by the vet, and an ultrasound to check the kittens.

6. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

@Estelle Howe It's Sunday now, 4 days after your question. How is she now?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice