Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lucylouy, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:09 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucylouy

Lucylouy PetForums Newbie

My Maine coon girl is pregnant I can feel her babies moving I also own the dad there both my pets. I’m getting so inpatient waiting now I’m guessing she should give birth 4 of November but her milk hasn’t come in yet

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Are they registered for breeding? Had all DNA tests, HCM scan done?
    Did you not record the mating date?

Milk comes in any time from a week to not until birth.

3. Lucylouy

Yes they mated begin of September. Yes both my cats are healthy. No there not registered there for pet homes only. My mums from a registered breeder but the dad isn’t so I can’t get them registered unfortunately

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Why don't pets need registering? Both cats would have to have been brought registered active to register the kittens.

You can't tell if they have the gene that increases the chance of HCM without testing, which is easily done with a check swab. They should have two other tests as well, see this download from Langford.

https://www.langfordvets.co.uk/media/2166/genetic-diseases-by-breed.pdf

spotty cats likes this.
  5. spotty cats

What's unfortunate is that they've been bred.
    Bought as pets means not for breeding let alone the health risks taken by not doing the required DNA tests.

I hope the boy has now been neutered, they can remain fertile for up to 10 weeks so cannot be around your female until she's been done or she'll quickly be pregnant again.
    Mum can be spayed at the same time you get the litter done before adoption.

6. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

Removed as it took the thread off topic and was unfair to do that to the OP

#6 mrs phas, Oct 18, 2020 at 8:35 AM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 8:44 AM
  7. Lucylouy

Thank you for your reply you don’t know a single thing about my cats though neither me. My cats are very healthy cats I think I trust my vet more than random people online. I have papers for my mum cat. It’s my choice if I would like to breed them. I asked a question and have got no reply on my question just abuse. Amen goodbye

8. spotty cats

Your vet must be extraordinary to be able to tell cats are clear of tests that require using a DNA swab or a cardiologist scan just by an office visit.

Papers on mum doesn't mean breeding rights, nor does it mean mating to an unpapered cat is acceptable.

9. Lucylouy

Welcome to the Internet we’re you ask a question and all of a sudden people think they know your life story just to let you all know my kittens will have multiple vet checks injections micro chip and neutered also there all going to family so they have got loving homes. I ain’t no byb and never will be I love my cats and will always do what’s best
    Keep spreading your hate because it isn’t affecting me or my cats try answering the question I’ve asked instead of creating your own questions. I’m keeping all of them anyway so why does it matter to you. I’ve got money put aside incase my queen needs emergency surgery. My cats are 4 years old they have never had health problems and there just fine last time I ask about anything on here.

10. Lucylouy

Maybe you should be a vet since you diagnosed my kittens to die in a years time or better yet become a physic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice