Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Pregnant cat

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Morgana93, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Morgana93

Morgana93 PetForums Newbie

Hiya! So my cat is pregnant 65days by my calculations. Since Monday she has been showing signs of impending labour but still nothing! Should I be worried? She’s constantly grooming, mammary glands are full and she has milk, keeps looking for somewhere to nest and just always laying around anywhere on the floor. I am quite sure she had some discharge yesterday but still no kittens? I am starting

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Pregnancy can be up to 70 days so I wouldn't worry yet. If she is struggling in active labour - strong contractions and pushing with no progress - then you need to call your vet. But as things are I think you could have kittens within a day or so. Make sure she has somewhere warm and draught free for her nest box and encourage her to use your chosen place rather than letting her choose one of her own

3. Morgana93

Thank you for your reply, I think I am just starting to panic unnecessarily but she seems to show all the signs I am meant to look for and then bam she’s back to her normal self again. I just worry if I am not around when she gives birth and is struggling and needs me etc

4. Morgana93

Attached Files:

5. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Could your calculations be off? I'm assuming this isn't a planned breeding between pedigree cats?

It's very important that you're around. If she's in your bedroom you'll hear her if things happen overnight, otherwise set your alarm for every 1-2 hours to check on her, during the day I just sit in with them and wait.

moggie14 likes this.
  6. Morgana93

They very well could be off, But would only be by a few days at the most. I am spending most nights up with her and keeping an eye on her during the day, yes this was an accident pregnancy and not planened.

7. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

Did she go outside more than once preceding the time your noticed her being pregnant?

8. Morgana93

She’s in full labour now pushing every minute

9. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave PetForums VIP

That was 10:18 am, you should have kittens by now. Maybe not all of them yet if she has a big litter.

10. Morgana93

We have 3 so far first one was born at 10:30am, unsure if there is. 4th as her tummy is still quite swollen, how long should I wait between 3rd and 4th to take her to a vet if I think there is one still in side?

11. Morgana93

This is mummy and babies

Attached Files:

12. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

She looks very content. As long as she is not continuing to push and does not seem distressed in any way, you do not have to worry. I have had kittens born many hours after the rest of the litter.

13. Morgana93

She is very happy and content :) purring a lot and had a small bite to eat still won’t leave her babies side:)

QOTN likes this.
  14. Morgana93

She’s just started panting again but not straining still purring etc should I be worried?

15. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Hopefully she will either have another kitten or settle down again. Some people say their cats show these signs after kittening when the womb is contracting but mine never did. Did you count the placentas?

16. Morgana93

Yes all 3 placentas came out, she ate all 3, I have given her some cold lacto free milk in the hopes that maybe she is hot and needs to cool down as it can be very warm upstairs had to give her it off a syringe as she wouldn’t get out the bed to go to her bowl. If she is still panting tomorrow I will take her to the vets, her tummy feels as tho everything is moving back into place now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice