Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pregnant cat

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by hstar, Mar 9, 2008.

1. hstar

hstar PetForums Member

hi all
    my kitty is pregnant
    I had bought her with the intention of breeding her once
    she is a bengal x(her mother bengal x moggy) and I bought a bengal boy for her/play mate
    unfortunately he went missing and despite every effort to find him I had no luck:(
    he is not the father

she is now quite large
    I can see the kittens moving and when she is on my knee I can feel them kick
    the hair around her nipples has parted
    I have lots of boxes around for her and am not letting her out

how long do you think she has left?
    xxx

2. clare7577

clare7577 Guest

Hi i would say 2/3 weeks,you can usually notice rounded tum at around 5 weeks.make sure you get some cat milk from vets just in case,i once didnt when i first started breeding and the queens milk didnt come at first ,then she didnt have enough,the kittens were crying a lot but i thought this was normal,it wasnt until it was to late that i realised they were hungry,we lost 2.I always keep some cimicat milk in just in case,its also good for mum for a boost,and useful when weaning onto solids to mash food up with.Good luck!

3. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Defintely not long - I'd say 2 weeks maximum.

hey we could have a book on all these kittens - colours and dates :)

Liz

4. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

I too think possibly 2 wks to go it varies with each girl and i'd get cimycat in case mums milk doesn't come as it will give kitty a good allbeit artificial start in life and a childs medicine syringe to feed them with-just in case:)Liz:eek:you dark horse you, i thought 5 was your magic number:D:DWith lots of horny gals baking babies i think we should have a book:D:D

5. hstar

hstar PetForums Member

cheers peeps
    I have felt her boobs and they are filling up
    does thats sound right for two weeks to go then?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice