Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant cat turning nasty towards other cat

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by kitties, Aug 11, 2009.

1. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

amber is 7 weeks pregnant she has just started going for my other cat if she goes near her, is this normal?

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

yes, very normal

3. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

do i need to keep the other cat out the way now, she seems to be a bit fed up and wants to be out all the time. will she be ok with the kittens?

4. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

I agree, very normal. You'll just have to live with it I'm afraid. Things will calm down quickly once she has the kittens, as long as they don't have a really serious argument now. If it's just growling and hissing I'm sure you will be OK.

Liz

5. lauren001

lauren001 PetForums VIP

It is really down to nature, she is clearing out any competition and threats in the household prior to having her kittens, she is putting everyone in place away from her and her kittens before they are even born. Other cats could eat her kittens or cause fights which could also harm them, she is asserting herself in the hierarchy and staking out her territory, to make sure everyone knows it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice