Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant Cat has Huge Lump ???

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by EddieAllyLouLou, Mar 5, 2008.

1. EddieAllyLouLou

EddieAllyLouLou PetForums Newbie

Hi there, Im very concerned about my cat Lou Lou, She is expecting to give birth very soon now (within 10days). She has a very large swelling which has developed from behind her nipple. Its been slowley getting larger each day, we have taken her to the PDSA and the woman down there said it wasnt warm enough to be Mas-sty-tus. Ok, so what is it then I asked, well it could be cause she is pregnaunt was the answer, I went back for another consultation and the vet said they didnt know still, the vet (PDSA) were more interested in getting my cat spayed after she gave birth, to be honest I got the impression becuase i was currently out of work all they wanted to do was terminate the preganauncy and spay my cat. I did try to point out that Im usually in work and if i want my cat to have kittens i bloody well will let it. Still, i was greated with a frown and told to come back for the spay after she's had her litter, I have included a picture of lou lou's lump, not that this could tell much but it doesnt seem to bother her and ive never seen her pay it any attention, if u didnt know she had it u wouldnt think there was a problem, shes a happy cat, quite talkative and is in no way acting any different, apart from the fact that her pregnauncy has slowed her down a touch as one would presume,please help cause the PDSA dont seem to wanna know. They gave her an anti-biotic jab last week, no change tho, the lump is still there and slightly bigger

Attached Files:

2. may

may PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry your cat has this lump :( it could be a number of things,
    it may be an abscess though she would be in pain:confused:
    it could be an over active mammary gland:confused:put it could also be something more serious:( I would take her to a Vet asap and get some treatment before the kittens are born:)
    I do hope all is well with the little girl she is beautiful:)

3. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

Iwas wondering if it could be a blocked milk duct, but to be on the safe side i would take her to the vets asap to. Good luck and keep us informed.

4. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Charming. The fervour of some groups for spaying even heavily pregnant cats is disgusting. I guess it goes back to the era of kitten drowning, but these days there is no difficulty finding homes for kittens.

Liz

5. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

The pdsa are imho amazing and are very thorough,it's unfortunate that you had an uncomfortable account with the vet in question,but if she/he doesn't think theirs a problem-the chances are their isn't,however if you are still worried then yes get a 2nd opinion but if she is well in herself apart from the obvious traits of pregnancy then this is a good sign as from my own experience if you have an unwell cat they do find a way to tell you and are perstistant til you get it-so at this time i really wouldn't worry to much,just continue observing her:)

6. may

may PetForums VIP

AS WE CAN ONLY GUESS WHAT THIS LUMP COULD BE I WOULD SEEK VETANARY ADVICE ASAP.
    If it was my cat I would be very worried about a lump of that size:(
    her hormones are are all over the place with being pregnant, and to be honest I would be thinking it ''COULD'' be a mammary tumor:(
    I do not want to alarm you and I hope my ''GUESS'' is wrong but please do seek advice from the VET!:)

7. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

She has taken the cat to the vet. The vet didn't know.

Liz

8. EddieAllyLouLou

EddieAllyLouLou PetForums Newbie

Yes, indeed I have taken the cat to the vet, their answer was '' Oh, it could be there cause she is pregnaunt, lets see how it goes when she has delivered'', they said it wasnt mas-tie-tus cause it wasnt hot enough. In fact Ive been to the same vet twice now, No tests where preformed, no samples taken or given. I hope the Vet is right becuase I would hate to have to sue the PDSA for neglagance. Afterall, all they wanted to do was terminate the preganauncy and spay her, (and on that point, Ive read somewhere u cant spay directly after termination), anyways.. anyday now and she will have the kittens, so looking forward to it..hehe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice