Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pregnant but not very big??? rosie this time

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, Jun 2, 2010.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi this is a question about my other maiden queen Rosie , she was before going to stud a larger framed cat (don't want to call her the "f" word cos shes easily offended :lol:) now she had numerous confirmed matings with a proven stud of longish standing ... now she pinked up when i thought she should have (shes due 15th june) but shes not gained any roundness at all , so i was just wondering if anyone on here had , had a queen that showed all the symptom's of being pregnant but didn't "look" pregnant and if so did they go on to have any kittens ? i am prepared for a miss mating to have occurred but of course got my fingers crossed for kittens

2. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

I had a foster come in with pink nips who i thought was still fairly early on in her pregnancy. She had a bit of a round tummy but not the usual beachball look! She gave birth to 5 perfectly healthy kittens after only being with me 24 hours! I was gobsmacked and to this day i dont know how or where she hid them!

3. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Maybe she only has a couple in there? Or she's like those women who you cant tell are pregnant when they actually are (Tardis wombs!).

4. purrlover

hi bbm . so its possible shes hiding them very well then ?? like i said she is a bigger built cat ... but i have been watching her really closly i can se or feel any movements all all :confused: i suppose i shall know for defo soon enough:thumbup:
    julie x

5. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

7 weeks is about average for first kitten movements (yes i know cats and their kittens dont read the books though), and if she is a larger lady then the movements might be harder to feel through the errrm lard layer (shhhh i whispered it!).

If she is only having a small litter she would be smaller too.

Have you thought about having her scanned?

6. purrlover

i thought about it ... but decided against it for 1, my hubby is keeping a bloody spread sheet on what i spend;)
    and 2, its not gonna change the outcome is it ? shes not come back into call and im not joking her nipps are HUGE!! lol so i thought i would keep hold of my pennies instead of giving them to my already rich (he drives a bentley!!!) vet
    Thanks for the whispering it really did make me LAUGH OUT LOUD!
    julie x

7. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Maybe she only has one in there. It is quite possible not be be at all sure right up to the time they give birth, if there is only one kitten.

Liz

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I dont think the size of the cats really matters when having kittens, my bengals are extremely slender and one had 8!

Slightly bigger girl than her had 2 & my current girl I was told she was having 2, she looked really tiny, stud is well proving has sired litters of up to 8, she barely had belly ad wasnt eating alot, half the time I wondered if she had been lying to me about being in kitten!! :scared:

She then went on to day 71 and had 6!! 6 kits!! All really good big weights aswell! Currently charging round my house like nutters I have to keep doing head counts '1,2,3,4,5..wheres 6!' lol!! :D

She might have have a small first litter though! Pics please! I Love your little pic looks as though she is laughing covering her mouth with her paw!! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice