Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pregnant bitch on the loose

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by shania kahn, Dec 15, 2020.

1. shania kahn

shania kahn PetForums Newbie

Apart from the usual worries, I've just encountered my first massive 'oops' moment. I'm hoping it's not as bad as I'm imagining, but there doesn't seem to be much information readily available online on this topic (thankfully it seems others are not as stupid as I am).

My bitch has just reached day 57 in her pregnancy. She was (pre-pregnancy) a very active, working dog and remained relatively active until week 4 when we stopped letting the dogs out together and instead let them out one by one so they didn't jump around or over each other and accidently do some harm to the pregnant bitch.
    Tonight the dogs got out onto our fields and I caught them on the cam running around like crazy– bashing into each other, jumping through their agility equipment etc.
    I'm now concerned for the pups and want to know the liklihood that they could have been harmed during mum-to-be's ~1 hour of rough play esp at this stage in the pregnancy.

All thoughts, opinion, advice is/are welcome. Thank you.

2. David C

David C PetForums Senior

She and the pups will be fine.

shania kahn likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Can't see it being a problem. I am not quite sure why you did not let her get on as normal anyway. I never restricted my bitches in any way.

shania kahn and David C like this.
  4. shania kahn

Thank you for the reassurance!

5. shania kahn

Thank you for your replying! I guess I was being overly cautious. I was told to keep her exercise moderate at certain points during the pregnancy– maybe to err on the side of caution.
    She has been getting exercise, but restricted free-play outdoors with the other dogs as they can be quite rambunctious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice