Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pregnancy?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by staceydawlz, Aug 12, 2009.

1. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

well folks would just like to hav a chat with everyone about pregnancy...what age do you think is right to have a baby? and what age isnt? anyone got some kids? what age did yous have them just give your general oppinions on what you think about getting pregnant what you should have before you should think about trying...ages and thinks...just wondered what you all thought?

2. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

im 20 and have been with my OH 4 years( hes 22), i dont think its the right time for us yet, but if it hapened it wouldnt be a problem. we are currently saving for a house in about 1/2 years then want to get married then have children

its probable not going to go to plan though lol

i know of loads of people my age who have kids age 3yrs etc.

3. staceydawlz

yeh i have a kid she is 2...im 19 and you would think i would hang around for a good few years before another but i feel really broodie ATM lol im with my little girls dad bin with him for 5 years..hes 21...hmmm probs just a faze that will pass lol

4. claire

claire Guest

I hated being pregnant :( Barney is GONNA HAVE THE SNIP :D , no more for us :p

5. alyssa_liss

i think its different if you been with someone for a few years , alot of the people i know havnt

i think im quite mature for my age but i couldnt imagine having a 3 years old now

i could imagine myself having a newborn now though lol

your making me broodie now

i wasnt use to children untill i met my OH , his niece was about 5 months old at the time

now ive got 3 baby cousins and 1 of them i see all the time because her mum is my boss

6. staceydawlz

i loved it :( i miss it lol it was the most amazing thing ever the baby kiking and stuff! i loved all of it even giving birth...hmmmm somethings telling me im not the normal human female?!?! lol

7. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

well im 19 and will be 20 in a few days :)

personally i don't want any kids - i'll stick to the four legged furry kind instead.

i dont really have a maternal instinct at all - i have two nephews and a baby niece who is several months old. my mum gave her to me one day whilst she went into the kitchen to get her bottle - and i said "what do i do with her lol"

she just laughed at me. lol

but it my mum gave me a little baby animal - i would love it lol

my other half would like kids, but i dont, especially right now!

i think the best time to have a kid is when you are in your twenties- possibly 25 on wards!

8. claire

claire Guest

I may have enjoyed it if I had good pregnancies but I didnt, I dont want anymore, the kids we have are plenty lol, NEVER AGAIN lol

9. sammyben

sammyben Guest

I don't think there is a set age that is 'right' to have a baby, as long as you are in a position to offer it plenty of love and a good home. Obviously you have to be mature enough. Personally, I chose to have my kids when I was younger as I wanted to be young enough to play with them etc when they are growing up. Although I didnt want to have them too young as I didnt want to miss out on things and then feel resentful in years to come.

I had my first one when I was 23 (although I did miscarry when I was 22) and my 2nd was born the month before my 25th. We didnt plan to have them so close (wanted to have at least a 3 yr age gap) but life doesnt always go according to plan lol and now I wouldnt have it any other way. There is 18 months between them and they are so close, fight like cat and dog occasionally aswell :D

I was lucky and had 2 great pregnancies and would do it again in a heartbeat (esp if I was GUARANTEED a pink one :D) x

10. staceydawlz

my pregnancy was quite bad i had water infections realy bad once pre eclampsia was in hospitle for 2 weeks and the delivery was by foreseps... i still loved every minute!! lol im sure theres something wrong with me:) lol

11. alyssa_liss

from what my cousins said im surprised im not scarred for life lo

12. staceydawlz

im 19 with a 2 year old she is lovel i want a boy now we both have good stable jobs a nice flat in a really nice area..(altho would love a house instead) im just really broodie :( lol

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

When I was little and used to play 'house' with my sisters, I always said I would have a kid when I was like, 20. I fell pregnant when I was 19, I was 20 in march, my son was due july but 4 weeks early.

I want another now, but obviously my body has other ideas!

I wasn't even in a relationship when I got pregnant. I still lived with the guy, we went out for a few months but it just wasn't working. We were more like friends who occasionally shared the same bed! Lol. But he supported me through the pregnancy, and still sees his son.

I am now in a stable relationship and feel ready for another. Plus I am really broody. Lol!

x

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm trying to get pregnant again. The first time round I miscarried. I've been trying since I was 19 and I'm 20 now.

I don't there's any age that's right to get pregnant (but obviously over 16). I think you need to be in a stable relationship with a stable source of income and your own place to live whether you rent or own.

There are probably lots of other factors too and I will think of them...Just give me ten minutes! :D

15. staceydawlz

so do you think 2 babys by the age of 20 is stupid? or bad idea?

16. jenniferx

jenniferx PetForums VIP

I'm 24 and haven't really ever thought about having kids. Well, I have but usually in the "OH GOD DID I TAKE MY PILL?!" way. I dunno. I'm not particularly comfortable around babies and kids generally. I never have been- even when I was a kid myself! At the same time I think I do want them and life would be a bit empty for me without them, particularly when I am older... who knows. I don't know what to think.

17. claire

claire Guest

Ive got 2 children I think thats plenty as we both have to work lots. Megan went overdue which was horrible and then got into distress on sunday after id been in labour since thursday so she was emergency c-section, because of previous difficulties Tilly was a planned c-section that went wrong, i had a bad bleed and lost 5 pints of blood and was rather ill and had to have tranfusions, so I WONT behaving anymore, ive also been told it would be rather dangerous and thats not fair on the family ive got

18. claire

claire Guest

Ive got 2 and im 24, not mush difference

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I wouldn't say it's bad at all, I don't think anyone has the right to judge if that's what you want but don't go into it simply because you want to be pregnant again and have a baby.

My sister is 35 and she has 7 kids, it was hard for her and all but one have since been adopted (I'm not saying this will happen to you obviously). She loved being pregnant but she never stopped to think how it would affect her life.

If you can provide a stable home, food, love and everything else then why not?

20. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I was 25 and 28 when i had my 2 i dont think theres a right age i think its up to the individual, although i wouldnt like to think mine was having them at their ages mine are boys so i mean their partners:rolleyes: my neice is having a baby in 3 weeks time she is the same age as my eldest 21 and although we are very excited i do look at her sometimes and think she should be seeing some life going out, nice holidays but her time will come back round and although the baby wasnt planned its very much wanted now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice