Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pregnancy????

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by kiara, Jul 3, 2009.

1. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

hi all,
    i have a 8ish month old jack russell bitch here that i am fostering. all we know about her back ground is that she came from a welsh pound.
    i was wondering what the early symptoms of pregnancy are?
    she is not rounded in the mid but what makes me ask is that 6 of her nips are swollen and you can feel like what id describe as a gland under them.
    her lady bits are swollen too, as my own dogs have never had a season or been pregnant i dont know what i am looking at. is this normal for being in season? she hasnt been spotting.
    thanks.
    xx

2. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

our girls don't do much spotting, very rarely the older one has had a little blood, the marority of the seasons have been clear, our oldist terrier Poppy is having a season at the moment and her nipples are more pronunced and her lady bits are sollen, she is licking herself there more and keeping herself clean, also more wee's on walks when we are out etc.

It sounds like your dog could be having it's first season.

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Sounds like she could be having her first season to me! You could cheek by next time she goes out for a wee when she comes in grab her ans dab her lady bits with some white tissue! Not saying that it wont be a season though if you dont get anything!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice