Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Pre-Booking Prices

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Jade Powers, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Jade Powers

Jade Powers PetForums Junior

Do any of you offer a pre-booking price, for example, a percentage discount for those customers who book say 12 dog walks in advance in one month?

How is this priced?
    Do you find it helps draw in customers?

Seonag likes this.
  2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I don't.
    I think it doesn't give a good impression. Also, do you want to attract the kind of owners that employ you because you are cheaper?

3. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Banned

Same as @rona . No discounts under any circumstances. It’s odd because if your boss asked you to work extra hours you wouldn’t expect to paid less than you usually get!

Also as Rona says it’ll attract the wrong customers. Additionally you’ll end up resenting doing those discounted walks.

4. Izzy95

Izzy95 PetForums Member

I don't, as said above I don't think it's fair to get paid less for more hours. I've done it in the past and it's made me feel undervalued. Sometimes I have a bit of a wobble with it and start considering giving people discounts but then I just tell myself that having pets are a luxury and unfortunately this is the going rate for looking after them. I also like to think I do a good job so why sell yourself short?

Tania C, Maxine67, Jelevents and 2 others like this.
  5. joface

joface PetForums Member

No discounts here either. Another dog walker in my area charges £12 for an hours walk or £55 for mon-fri and i just think when it comes to Friday & your doing the hours walk for £7 I'd start to resent it tbh especially when its just not necessary to secure or retain business

Seonag, Jelevents and Dr Pepper like this.
  6. Jelevents

Jelevents PetForums Member

No need really I have a couple of customers that either have set days mon,weds,fri, or let me know walks for the month ahead and both pay for that month in advance at the same rate.

Seonag, Maxine67 and Dr Pepper like this.
  7. Seonag

Seonag PetForums Junior

I was going to offer a slight discount but after reading others post don't think I will now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice