UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you! I have saved 3 nappies so far today :D All the advice you guys gave me was fantastic. I stripped her off and let her run around naked and she's done 3 wees in a row so far with out accidents! If she keeps it up for a week I'll buy her some pants and teach her how to use those. I don't expect it to be compleatly smooth and I'm sure I will be wiping up pee from somewhere this week. But it looks pretty possitive.
:D

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Yay :thumbup:

Hopefully it goes well! My form tutor was teaching her daughter last summer and got through 11 pairs of knickers some days..! Said she ended up buying lots of cheapie ones as she just couldn't wash them fast enough :eek:

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Cool! :)
Don't forget to make a huuuge deal of it being fantastic when she goes in the potty/loo, it helps them learn quicker :)
How about telling her if she can go until saturday or whatever day, she can choose the 'big girl' knickers? :)

·
Banned
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We'll see how it goes. I don't have to go anywhere except on the weekends so I'm just going to let her run around in the nude to make it a bit easier on her. Then we will practice with knickers later probably on the weekend as I get paid :D I'll let her choose her own from primark.

We did cup training not to long ago which she was great with. But she likes to tip the water on her highchair table and play with it lol. She gets the idea of what I want her to do though which is great.

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
That's great :thumbup:

My friend's little boy is 3 today and he is almost potty trained. He was a bugger the other night though got her up loads of times saying he needed a wee wee then he needed a number 2 then he didn't need anything then half an hour later he needed a number 2 :rolleyes:

Guess who has Mummy wrapped around his little finger :lol:

He is such a cutie pie though :001_wub:

·
Banned
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hoping that while at home when she says she needs to go I can say 'Go potty then' and she'll get on with it. Nursery are pretty good at keeping up the routeen once it's established.

Well she just did a poop on the floor >.> We've got some way to go yet lol

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Whenever my son had an accident I never told him off but like ''uh oh (shaking head) poop/wee goes in the potty'' then got him to have a sit on the potty while I cleaned it up.. sure my mum told me that also helps them get the idea.

·
Banned
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I'm wierd lol I told her oh noooo poopy goes in potty and told her to put it in the potty and then we went to wash our hands. I always heard you should never tell them off or it will make it harder for them to learn.

Of course hubby is like 'I don't want her near me she might pee' and 'I'll laugh if she pees on your leg!' lol but he's been helping me praise her for going in the potty. She's had the nappy off since about 1 or 2 and only had one accident which in my opinion is great for her first day. But nappy will go back on for bed time at least for a while.

·
Banned
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i figure we'll do it in the daytime till about 6 until she gets the idea. We have our dinner after that and then she goes to bed. Crap forgot to put the fries in the oven!!!

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
Awww that's great news I'm sure she'll get the hang of it in no time if you keep it up :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.