Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

potato peelings?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by welshjet, Apr 4, 2011.

1. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Rather strange! Just peeling spuds for dinner, a peeling dropped on the floor, what did Jet decide to do - yes thats right eat it. :eek:

2. CDC

CDC PetForums Member

My megan once watched me chopping veg for dinner - she sat so patiently for ages so I offered her a bit of potato peel...

She licked it and then pulled a face before walking off and having the hump with me for the rest of the evening lol.

:rolleyes:

3. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Mine love potato.. Not that I willingly give it to them! After draining potatoes when I've boiled them, they try to eat any left over bits of spud in the pan.. Strange animals! :D

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Cats generally don't digest raw potato very well - let's hope you don't have a litter tray explosion later :blink:

5. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

The cat my mum got from the CPL.. many years ago..

Tabatha a lovely tortie.. She was locked in a fruit and veg shop before CPL got her.. My mum took her cause they couldn't get her to eat and they gave up with her.. I don't know the score with feeding there but they were feeding wet and bits of chicken.. she turned her nose up at it all... Turned out people had been popping dry through the door letterbox for her and thats what she had got used to and eating veg... They told my mum this so why they didn't give her what she wanted I have no idea..
    She was a blinking nightmare as my mum prepared all veg/mushrooms spuds carrots the lot.. :lol: she would sit next to my mum trying to paw it till my mum gave in.. :)
    She was happier with a peeled chunk of potato rather than a bowl of meat.. :) she was with us for some years and we didn't know how old she was when she came.. :) but it didn't seem to harm her.. :)

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Funny creatures cats :rolleyes:: My mum had one, when she was growing up, that liked to eat beetroot :blink:

7. petzplazaUK

petzplazaUK PetForums Senior

my dog will pinch potato peel, caught her trying to get her nose in the bin before now for some , but never the cats lol. maybe its because she was in a fruit n veg shop that thats how she survived for a while

8. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Lol they are fab - and the say nout as queer as folk, whoever said this definately never had cats !!!

9. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

Mine go bonkers if there are bananas in the fruit bowl. They don't actually eat them but they sniff and sniff and sniff and occasionally dig their teeth in to them:D

10. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

My Sooty has a love for popcorn, cheesedoodles and toast!
    Obviously we don't feed him these, but sometimes we have been caught out.
    He sits and begs from my bf every morning as he has toast from breakfast. He gets a titchy bit of that occasionally though!

Do any of yours beg excessivly? If we are having steak, fish, or even meatballs, he will practically sit on our laps, and stick his paws on our plate to get some for himself!

11. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

No luckily he doesnt, we can sit on the settee with a tray and he will just lie in the middle of us with his head on his paws, after the potato peeling tho i did take a couple of frozen prawns out of the freezer for him to get the taste out of his mouth and he soon smelt these, it was a nightmare waiting for them to defrost.

My old cat would kill you for cheese and ham toast toppers and of all things - marmite!

12. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

It's quite funny, we just laugh at him. He isn't at all aggressive about it, it's the way he edges slowly closer and closer to your food. He then sits on your lap, and as soon as you look away or aren't paying attention his paw is digging around on the plate! We have started keeping the camera around so we can film it :)

13. clairesparky

clairesparky PetForums Newbie

LOL, reminds me of my OH with our three legged diva Sophie, because the OH feels sorry for her ALL the time, he allows her to sit on the chair next to him at the dinner table and if she is feeling brave she will rest her chin on the table. It is hilarious but I don't think it's good to encourage, especialy when we have friends round for dinner, occasionaly she will try to lick his dinner plate and that is where I put my foot down!! I get a frown and told ' she is special needs!!'

We never feed her titbits, apart from the OH sneaking her grated cheese!!!

He spends more time spoiling her than her does me!!!!

Wouldn't ne without her though....

14. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I posted this somewhere else a little while ago but I have a house bunny and he sometimes gets baby spinach leaves.

My big rescue boy ALWAYS steals one...then cares for it like it's a kitten :lol:

He grooms it and sleeps with it and guards it and all sorts until it dries out. Then he cries for it :eek:

Em
    xx

15. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

16. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: Not sure why - he never does it with anything else :confused: He never eats them or bites them, just carries them about in his mouth and such :001_wub: I'll try and get a photo if I can :D

Em
    xx

17. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Please do!
    Sounds absolutely adorable. Even better, film him while he is tkaing care of his "baby" and pop it on youtube ;)
    x

18. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: Will do! :D

Em
    xx

19. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

It's soooo adorable!
    I wonder what goes in his mind... He sees the evil bunny going to eat the poor baby spinach leaf. Like a super hero, he the goes there and rescue it!! And care for it, hoping it to grow and be a big spinach. But he was too late, then the baby leaf is weak and slowly dies despite all the tlc... but he doesn't lose hope: he will save the next baby spinach leaf and it may live and together they will save all the vegetables in the world!

or

He's just messing with the bunny because he's a vegetarian. :D

1 person likes this.
  20. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

The former, definitely the former :lol: :lol:

Rep for that :thumbup:

Em
    xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice