UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a dog ear cleaner for Roo from Amazon and it came from another company on the Amazon Market Place. This morning on the mat there was a jiffy bag along with the rest of the post and the top was torn. In it was only an invoice and a business card, no ear cleaner..!

I left a message for my sorting office and have sent an email to the company (not via Amazon as I don't know how I'd do that/what extra they would do).

Does anyone know how long these types of things might take to resolve? It cost £10.55 including postage but if its going to take a few weeks to look into and track and look for I think I will just buy another cleaner because its one you can use daily and weekly so it wouldn't hurt to have two as they will be used. I'd just rather have one sooner rather than later and I don't know how straight an answer I will get from RM, or whether the company will send me another and then have their own dispute with RM with me left out of it?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Claims with royal-mail can take weeks and even months at times as we have claims in with them most weeks for missing items etc..but take a photo of the damaged package so you have proof and get a claim form of your local post office..as for amazon not sure how they work but they will have to have some sort of buyer protection..

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you purchase an item online from a business seller it is their responsibility to ensure the item reaches you under the Distance Selling Regulations (DSRs)

Contact the seller directly via Amazon and advise them what has happened. They may ask for a photograph of the envelope - this is purely so they can pursue a claim via Royal Mail.

As a buyer it is not down to you to claim for the loss/damage, it is down to the seller. A good seller will either offer you a full refund (that should include P&P) or a replacement is one is available.

If the seller does not respond (they usually do on Amazon marketplace as it is a tough place to sell) you can then contact Amazon who will contact the seller on your behalf. If they have no joy you can then open an A -Z claim.

I sell online as a business, just closed our shop on Amazon. If you need any help give me a shout :)

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brilliant thanks very much guys!

Hopefully they can shed some light when they get back to me and can contact RM and go from there with me being out of it. Thanks so much! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.