Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Post op cat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by yosra264, Jan 13, 2019.

1. yosra264

yosra264 PetForums Newbie

Hello, my 11 month old cat injured his right hind leg 10 days ago, on thursday january 3rd. He had orthopedic surgery 3 days ago on thursday january 10th. So it has been 3 days since we brought him back home after surgery. He's been eating and drinking just fine since then but he can't move his lower half. He does support himself on his front legs and move his non injured hind leg back and forth but he can't stand up and he cries out when we try to move him (we are very careful and we only move him when really necessary). I understand surgery is painful but is it normal for him not to be able to stand up 3 days after surgery? He can't even go to his litter box, which is placed very close to where he is on the ground. I can't call the vet since it's sunday but i'm worried. If you had a cat who went through orthopedic surgery before as well, please tell me how long it took for it to stand.

2. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Are you in the UK? If so, you CAN call the vet, and should do if you are concerned. All vets in the UK must provide 24/7 service, either themselves or via an OOH provider - you can ring for advice at any time.

Is your cat on any pain relief?

3. yosra264

yosra264 PetForums Newbie

I'm not in the UK and sadly no vets work on sundays here... And the vet only gave him antibacterial antibiotic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice