Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

possible seizure!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by waggy, Apr 4, 2011.

1. waggy

waggy PetForums Newbie

Hi, I'm new to this but hoping for some advice! Last night my dog who is about 11 years old got very excited as usual when my sister visited but then her legs seemed to go from under her. Afterwards she lay on the floor looking a bit stunned by it but then seemed fine, running around & playing as if nothing had happened. It shocked me a bit cos I've not seen this before, shes very active although less inclined to go for walks in the evening. I wasn't too worried until my sister said that my Dad, who often walks her, thought she may have had some sort of seizure the day before when she was with him. She has been absolutely fine since! Should I be worried? She is due to go the vets for normal check up etc in the next few weeks but should I take her sooner? Thanks

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Hi & welcome to the PF :D

I would take her asap hope everythings ok :)

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

I would certainly get her checked out sooner rather than later, at 11 years old, it always pays not to take chances, especially if this wasnt a one off and there was a possibility a similar thing could have happened he day before.

4. Road_Hog

Road_Hog PetForums Member

Very likely to be a small seizure. My old dog used to get them if ever she got too excited/stressed. Always got up quite soon after, vet never seemed that bothered. She probably had 2-3 a year for her last 5 fives (she was almost 16).

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I would get her checked over sooner rather than later just to be safe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice