Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Possible Pancreatitis, Help!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by suzie_1983, Jul 31, 2009.

1. suzie_1983

suzie_1983 PetForums Newbie

Hi,

My cat Lily is a year and 3 months and she has been in the vets for the past 3 days. she had a fever and was very lethargic. The took some blood and came back normal and she still had a temperature. they have sent her home as she wasnt wasnt comfortable there. she wasnt eating properly there.

So she has got home seems a bit better in her self and they have advised me to us I/D food. but she just wont eat it. I have 2 other cats and they were being fed in a different room. Lily escaped and started eating the dry food. not sure what to do? she hasnt eaten properly in a few days either.

The vet beleive it poss is pancreatitus. but further tests are possibly needed. so shall i let her eat the dry food or continue to try and get her to eat to i/d food.

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Pancrititus can be caused through diet stress or infection. It may be different in cats but my dog has had 3 belts of it and have been on a drip at the vets for 3 days he was really bad with sickness runs and generally walking strangly due to sore tum . I would see if you can get it to eat the vets food as long as your cats drinking. I was told to withdraw food for 24 hours and mine had to have white fish or chicken/rice some thing bland. I have switched his food and so far we havent had it again. He also has no other human food other than fish or chicken. They did a blood test on our dog to confirm his pancrititus and he had antiflams and anti sickness jab. Hope your cats ok.

3. swooley

swooley PetForums Newbie

My Miniature Dachshund Albert was diognosed with pancreaitis, I have been feeding him a low fat food , he is better but I worry what if even the low fat diet doesn't work. The vets give little advice , just don't feed him table scraps (which I have never done) Al is 2years old

4. lauren001

lauren001 PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice