UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lovely cat was attacked by something big last Tuesday night, since then she's had her tail taken off. She hadn't gone to the toilet herself since then and the vet has been expressing her bladder twice a day. She did start going to the the litter tray Monday morning but no action, then late Monday night she managed to go for a poo in her tray (YAY!) she hasn't however managed to have a wee and i am getting worried as the vet said that if she doesn't do after a week then she most probably won't be able to due to nerve damage.

As anyone out there been through a similar experience with your cat and had a happy ending???

The vet said give her a week before we have to make a heartbreak decision but I will give her more if she needs it!

Any comments relating to this and advice is very much appreciated!

Cheers
Kerrie

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
The poo is a good sign!:)(sounds odd!)
I've never been through your situation but I really hope she gets better soon, and that she recovers well x

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
As she is pooing ok, I would continue to express her bladder for as long as you can, before making any decisions - sometimes cats pick up a few weeks down the road :)

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cat.

You need to give this much longer than a week, I'm afraid. Cases where nerve damage is a problem can take much longer than this to resolve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies.... We went back to the vets this morning to have her bladder express and the vet is telling me that he's pretty certain that she's lost her bladder function... however as it is easy to express her bladder without causing her much distress then we could carry on as we are... which I am going to... you never know she might just get her groove back! I know she knows she needs the toilet as shes constantly going to her tray so fingers crossed she'll get there. Its such a difficult difficult time seeing her like this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.