Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

possible abandonded cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by cathy-lou, May 11, 2010.

1. cathy-lou

cathy-lou PetForums Newbie

My neighbour came over several weeks ago and said she'd been feeding her neighbours cats for the last month as the cats weren't being fed. ive now seen the cats and they do seem to be out in all weathers and are pitfully thin, one of them also seems to have a broken tail. My neighbour has seen the cats go into her neighbours house in the past, but the house now seems desserted for about 90% of the time and we now think either the people accross the close have moved out or split up, im not sure which. They have a car left there for a couple of hours a day and about twice a week theres lights on most of the night. Both myself and 2 of my neighbours have knocked on but no-one answers. I've rang the rspca 4 times now and they just keep saying their looking into it. Any ideas guys on what i can do. :confused:::confused::mad:

2. groundhogdaze

groundhogdaze PetForums Member

Have you tried the Cat Protection League?

3. cathy-lou

hiya yes i rang them first and they said they can't do anything and to ring the rspca, im wondering whether i should try ringing the rspca again or maybe try the blue cross. do you know how long it should take the rspca to investigate?

4. groundhogdaze

groundhogdaze PetForums Member

I've contacted them (well SSPCA) in the past and they reacted within a couple of hours so I don't know why they're taking so long unless there are other issues with the owners and maybe they're trying to build a case:confused1:

Can't understand why the CPL won't do anything. I'd just continually annoy the RSPCA and CPL until they do something about it:(

5. cathy-lou

i think i will phone them again tomorrow and ask what the hold up is and if they can come out this week, they did seem really concerned on the phone when i last spoke to them (last thurs) and told them about the cats tail and they did say they won't just give up then and will get it sorted. But the cats are still looking really desperate. My neighbours only just got back from work, poor thngs were on her drive waiting for food. But i'm really not sure about me feeding them 2, as we've had real problems with cat bullying around my end of the estate (we've had to put pet ported doors in to stop other cats coming in) and my cat is already really nervous with any other cats on the drive

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice