Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Possibility of Missing Cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Erzs, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Erzs

Erzs PetForums Member

Hey all,

This hopefully will be irrelevant soon but just in case I'd like some advice.

My neutured 3 yr old tom cat has been out for 10hrs straight now. This is very unlike him. He'll usually 'report' back every 2hrs at least and to be out until this late isn't normal either.

I've been calling him with my brother for the past few hours and made some rounds up and down the park (our garden backs onto it) and also up and down the street. It's too late to do house calls now, but if he doesn't appear by morning I will be doing so then.

If the worst has happened he is chipped, does this mean that if he's taken to a vet they will contact me?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me for now, and also with what to do come morning if he's still not returned?

Sorry for being overly anxious, and thanks for reading. =]

2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I'm not sure you can do much tonight but first thing if he isn't back call all the nearby vets, your local council and local shelters just incase he's either been taken in or the worst has happened. Hoping he comes home soon *hugs*

3. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

hi..really hoping he comes back soon...you maybe in for a restless night :(

There is a great sticky thread on here..for things you can do tomorrow if he hasnt returned...its lists everything to do if you think your cat is missing...hoping when i check in the morning he is back with his tail between his legs :)

xx

4. Erzs

Erzs PetForums Member

Thank you for your replies. :001_smile:

I'm camped out in the kitchen and it's frustrating I keep thinking every bump in the night is him coming home! I just found myself stalking a hedgehog up the garden lol.

I'll read that sticky now, thanks for pointing me in its direction! :eek:

5. honeysmummy

No problem...willing him home for you xx

6. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Hope he comes home soon-its so worrying when the do something out of character.
    If he does-give him a big cuddle from me
    Maureen

7. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Hope hes wandered back in and is now telling you about his adventures, keeping fingers and paws crossed. Xxxx

8. honeysmummy

Has the dirty stop out come home yet ? ;) x

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

It's that time of year again. The weather is warming up, the evenings are lighter and the little horrors think this is the perfect time to go walkabout.

I hope he is home with you now. If it helps, many of us have been where you are - panicking like there is no tomorrow - and then in they walk, bold as brass, and look at us as if to say "What??? Why you looking at me like that? Just put me back down & feed me, I'm starving!!!"

Please keep us updated -has he rolled back in yet?

10. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Totally agree with this, even my oap is messing me about, well I know where he is most of the day but the little swine has taken to going out for about 10 minutes here and there between 2am and 4am, it's no good me locking the cat flap as he will just meow until he gets out, oh the joys of cat ownership :001_smile: Hope yours turns up safe and well.

11. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

This happened to me the other weekend, my 15 yr old cat who usually checks back every hour, went out for 6-7 hours straight and it sent me into panic, but it was only because of the nicer weather and he soon came back in looking quite happy :) hope he returns this morning for you!

12. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Glad it's not just my oldie that's messing about, he is 16 in May and you like to think they behave more sedately as they get older, not a chance, he thinks he's still a youngster :D

13. Erzs

Erzs PetForums Member

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your messages and keeping this thread going.

Unfortunately Leo still hasn't come home and is now 25hrs missing. I've contacted the RSPCA, local vets, micro-chipping company, local council and also searched the local park and grassy areas.

All neighbours who were at home in our street are now also informed. I've been told to put posters up tomorrow if he's still not home, but will most likely post up in the missing section on this forum once I'm home. We're off on another scout, wish me luck. =]

14. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

Good luck!! Fingers and paws crossed here xx

15. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Good luck!!

On the 3 occasions when my 2 boys decided to go awol I actually put flyers through the letter boxes of all the houses going around the block of where I live. Each time I did this within 24hrs as I once lost a cat completely through not acting fast enough.

It is possible that he may have gotten stuck in someone's shed as we're now in the season for open shed doors and cosy warm spots behind an old lawnmower.

Please keep us updated.

16. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i hate reading things like this it makes me sick with worry,:(. Fingers crossed he comes home soon.xxxx

17. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Fingers and paws crossed here.

LEO TURN YOUR HOMING DEVICE ON xxx

18. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Can't believe we have another missing cat, their such a worry!

19. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

20. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Any news -you must be so worried now
    Please keep up dated and hope you have good news soon
    Maureen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice