Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poppy's first raw meal part 2

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by DirtyGertie, Mar 26, 2011.

1. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

This follows on from Part 1

Here are the rest of the photos

Raw 6.jpg Raw 7.jpg Raw 8.jpg Raw 9.jpg Raw 10.jpg

If anyone knows how I can get them all on the one post please let me know and I'll move them.

Unfortunately the memory card became full so I couldn't get video of her actually crunching and eating the bone at the end.

She seemed to really enjoy it and I was amazed!

Tea tonight was half a chicken fillet.

So today she's had 85gms drumstick and approx 75gms breast fillet. It really didn't seem very much for her tea and although I gave it to her in one piece it was gone in less than 2 minutes :eek:.

Do you think that is enough for a 5kg dog? See - I'm worrying again.

Her normal food is approx 100g Naturediet mixed with a 100ml glass full of Burns mini bites twice a day.

I'm doing another raw day tomorrow then back to the commercial food for a couple of days and will alternate as I must use up the other food.

#1 DirtyGertie, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Sounds like an ample amount of food, remember a dog will use everything they get from a raw diet, nothing goes to waste, unlike in dry/commerical dog foods, which are bulked out with cereals and needless ingredients- hence you don't need to feed as much raw food as you would dry/commerical food to get the same amount of nutrition ;)

As I said on ''part one'', lovely pics. It's great to see a dog tucking into real grub.

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Great pics,
    Im sure thats fine :) like sixstar said shes getting a lot more use from it. :)

She's eating it so fast cos she's loving it !! (the breast) obv its nice watching them enjoy the bones, if you go up a few posts from the end of the raw feeding sticky youll see willow enjoying a turkey drumstick. :)

4. shoreset

shoreset PetForums Senior

I love seeing little "girly" dogs eating raw :p:D

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

She looks like she's enjoying it that's why she's eating it so fast too. She's getting enough food you feed 2-3% of their body weight and there's no fillers everything is used so she'll need less. Lovely to see dogs eating real food especially little white fluffy ones

6. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

She looks a real pro already ;) and the next step is - out come the baby wipes for a freshen up. T-Bo is already wise to the baby wipes and legs it as soon as he see's me take them out of the packet, lol. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice