Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

poppy pregnant

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by ruthmcnally, Jul 29, 2009.

1. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

hi there

my lovley cat is ready to burst, i have been following all of the how to tell when she is due to give birth the nesting, eating more, going of her food ,becoming very affectinate, hiding indark places. Her bump has dropped she has no milk come in yet but i have read that the milk can come in when she starts in labour. Im not to sure what to look for now she spent most of yesturday jumping up and down of our knees and checking every piece of furniture and still no kittens, last night she was going mad running up and down the stairs this continue for hours.

im going away on friday and was hoping that she would of had them before we went away. Can anybody help i am really confused is she getting ready please help

2. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

carnt give advice as i dont know, good luck i love reading these threads dont forget piccies, whos having your cat while you are away?

3. ruthmcnally

my next door neigbour she nows the cat and would know what to do if she decides to have them over the weekend we come back on sunday so it will only be 2 days

4. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

good job you have good neighbours, will be better off with someone poppy knows dont forget piccies xx

5. ruthmcnally

no problems when they finally get here

6. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

wont be long, bet you carnt wait x

7. xxSaffronxx

xxSaffronxx PetForums VIP

Hi Ruth
    Do you know how many days pregnant she is? Normally they have them around day 65.
    She is running up and down the stairs looking for somewhere to nest, so if you can find her a quiet and comfortable place with blankets and show her where it is then she will settle down.
    The thing to look for is if she loses her plug as this is an imminent sign of labour – once you see this it can take up to 48 hours (in my experience anyway – others may say different).
    If she has not had them by Friday I would not advise leaving her at all.

8. andywest

andywest PetForums Junior

My Poppy has just had her Kittens Yesterday. On Monday she started being a lot more loving wanting more attention than normal so i thought that she must be really close.

Tuesday morning she hardly left my side while i was making/having breakfast. Then only time she did was to go into one of the boxes i set up for her (where she ended up having them).

I went to work and my fiance said she was in and out most of the morning, then when i came home for lunch she was spending all her time in there and i noticed her contractions starting (did not see the plug stage)

about 1 1/2 hours later she had had her two kittens.

Don't know if it will help you but that was my experience

9. xxSaffronxx

yes u dont always see the plug - this has happened once to me (not seeing it)

10. ruthmcnally

thank you for all of your responces it all helps i think it must be the waiting game thanks again and hers hoping she'll go soon
    x

11. xxSaffronxx

good luck ruth - hope it all goes smoothly xx

12. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

Hi There, you must be excited sounds like it is going to be sooner rather than later.
    Twinkle had he kittens on day 65, all day she was very vocal and would not leave my side. She lost her plug (very noticable btw) and had her first kitten 1 hour later.
    Four weeks on and they (all 3!!) are climbing up my leg( Thank god for Denim !lol ) trying to see what I am typing.
    Good luck and don't forget those pics if you have time.

13. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

awwwww how exciting, keep us posted, get the camera ready to,x:D

14. ruthmcnally

ok i have just come of the phone to the vets and they have said to leave her even if she is showing me attenetion and that they can give us a check up at 9.15 tomorrow. Paying her attention may stop her from going into labour so i have to leave her a lone and just keep an eye out

so lets see what they say

thanks again for all of your replys

xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice