Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

poppy pregnant update

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by ruthmcnally, Jul 30, 2009.

1. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

well took my little treasure to the vet and he has said that she is fine very full and will go when she goes. There is nothing to worry about let her get on with it. i asked was it safe for her to go over the 70 days he said that it was fine the kittens are not big and with them being her first she may go over but there should be no problems. So here i await for her to deliver and will all keep you updated. Thank you for all of your responces yesturday.

2. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

come on poppy

3. ruthmcnally

ok i have returned from my 2 days away and still no babies, the kittens are fine inside of her because when i put my hand on her tum they move over it, which i think is cool, poppy seems fine slowed down on here eating but she is huge. My next door neighbour recons that she has 2 weeks to go but i didn't think so. Any clues anyone

4. kazijay

kazijay PetForums Member

do you have any idea when she got caught??

5. ruthmcnally

i thought that i did, i thought that when she dissapeared the week may 18 - 23 for 2 days i thought that that was when she was caught. I saw the vet on thursday for a general check up and to see if he could let me know if my dates were wrong, he says that she is there or nearly there as she is full and that her tummy has dropped so any time he couldnt give me dates or tell me how many there were in there. He said she would propbably give birth over the weekend when she is in peace and quite. Came home to dat she is huge i can feel them moving so i dont know what to do any suggestions plaese

6. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

How long have you felt the babies move?? I felt them for about three weeks before Twinkle had them. Hope this helps.

The only good thing is she can't stay pregnant forever!!!!!!

You must be going :eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut:

7. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

oh please let us know. i thought they only went 63 days give or take 3

8. spid

spid PetForums VIP

65 dyas is normal - anything earlier than 60 days is effectively premature and might not survive and they can go as late as 70 days.

9. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Taking the 23rd as her date of mating she was due to drop on the 26th JUly so she is now 8 days over (which is a bit much), I would ring your vet and explain that you are a bit worried at how long this pregnancy is lasting I really wouldn't wait another week! Explain to him that she is on at least day 73. Once she has 'dropped' it should only be two days from then. SHe may need some help getting started with an oxytocin injection or a cesarian - don't leave it any longer or both mum and kitts could be in danger.

10. ruthmcnally

i did as the vet what would happen if they went over the 70 days and said that she could with being the first and they have to come out sometime

11. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Personally I'd want a second opinion! But it's your choice. Normal gestation is 65 days and yes a lot of cats go over that - not many go over 70 and have a normal birth.

12. ruthmcnally

the vet is saying that she may not have conceived the dates that i gave him as she was allowed to come and go when she wanted he says that she may have conceived after that date.

13. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

Anything happening?

14. ruthmcnally

nothing as to date i can see her tum moving and when i put my hand on her tum they move so i know that they are allright. The only thing that i can think off is that when she dissapeared for those 2 days in may she didnt fall pregnant so it must have been later. i cant see her going much longer shes that big she got stuck in the childs saftey gate, she has now figured out that is she lifts her body about 2 cms up she has a little more room. At the moment i cant even go to the loo without her following me i was having a bath the otherday and she sat by the bath and waited until i got out, bless her. i will keep you updated.

15. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

OMG I can't believe she is still pregnant :eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

Do you know how many she has in there?

I hope she goes soon for her sake as well as yours sounds like she is having a bit of trouble getting her baby bump around ! Bless her, you must be so worried about leaving her, I bet you wake up every morning and say those immortal words ....."Will today be the day!!"

Good luck hun and keep us posted.

16. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

You must be scared to go out the house. I know exactly when ours caught so hopefully that will help. Has anything happened through the night?

17. ruthmcnally

i dont think that she wants to give them up, at themoment she is at the top of the stairs just lying there and her stomach is moving it reminds me of alien. we'll get there eventually. well heres hoping.

18. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

You will, she is just trying to keep you on your toes. I betcha she goes in the middle of the night. Is she acting any different than normal ?

19. ruthmcnally

she hasnt eatern much today and she hasn't moved much either she is so big she must be so tierd. I was hoping that all of this would be over before my husband went back to work. He works nights and goes back to work tomorrow night. If she was to go in the middle of the night i would like to be there just in case, so it means that i will have to keep an eye out for her andi have two kids to watch in the day while hubby sleeps. I will keep you updated theres no more room in her bless

20. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

Its awful not knowing, I looked for the signs with Til, the not eating, restlessness, nesting, runy poos etc...she ate while she pushed, slept nearly all through the labour, tried to have them in the middle of the sitting room floor and no runny poos!!

Shes such a trouble maker...and she went into labour at 1am on a monday morning! I came down to check on her by chance and there she was, loosing her plug. Your instincts will tell you when. And Poppy crying! Til doesnt meow because of her brain damage, she just opens her mouth and no sound lol.

Hope all goes well and mammy poppy isnt uncomfortable for too much longer

xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice