Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

poppy not happy

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by ruthmcnally, Aug 6, 2009.

1. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

hi

just a bit of advice i have been checking her daily and she is not that keen today hasn't eatern much and spent most of theday under the bed she has just let me feel the babies and i noticed that her bits wern't that clean so i went to wipe her and she did not like that at first she was ok then she went really wierd. She has not done that before now she has gone under the bed again. Her tum has dropped and is harder than before but she isn't herself the babies are fine i have felt them move. Is this anything to look forward to is this pre-labour or not. I look forward to some help

xx

2. ruthmcnally

anybody out there with any advise

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Looks like it will be soon!

4. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

oooh good luck! sounds like she is ready. Will be thinking of you, please keep us updated.

5. ruthmcnally

heres hoping i am so excited, the last time i was this excited was when i was having my babys.

6. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

aww...... anything new? my worry is she has them when im asleep and has to go through it on her own!

7. Catzlover

Catzlover PetForums Newbie

Sounds like she's ready. Anything happening yet?

8. ruthmcnally

well nothing last nite she had a very wierd nite she was running around like a posessed cat. She is really big and cant be bother to move during the day yet she found enough last nite.

ill keep you all posted

thank you

9. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

AWWW Can't wait to see pics, I just love kittens, I only have a couple of weeks left for mine :(:(:(

10. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

oh i thought she would have had them by now. will check back later.

11. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

what is happening with poppy?

12. ruthmcnally

hi

today she hasn't eatern much and she can't be bothered. She is sitting on my knee at the moment and i can feel the little ones moving on my leg. Yesturday i was checking to make sure that she was clean and her bits looked yucky so i wiped her down and tonite she is the same im not going to touth her as she tried to bite my hand off yesturday she was not happy i have tried but i think that she would bite me. Apart from that any noise and im awake its killing me my husbands works nites so i have the kids during the day and the nite, so at the moment im tierd. I'm hoping that it won't be long. You all have been great and i don't know what i would have done without you all, you all deserve a big thank you.

13. ruthmcnally

ok still nothing she is very agitated tonite and can't seem to get comfortable, which is driving me mad because i try to keep an eye out where she is going. She has been in every room upstairs i think it is going to be another long nite so i am going to watch three men and a baby on gold +1 and hope that the end is near

here she come again looks at me turns round and carrys on.

Ill keep you informed

ruth

xx

14. ruthmcnally

omg she cant be bothered to move all day ive turned the bedroom light off and she has starting chasing a moth around the bedroom, she nearly fell of the chesterdrawers, i dont know how she managed to get up the they must be at least 41/2 feet tall. I think that she has been kidding me on she just fat with the amount that she has been eating and shes just kidding me on.

15. sjreilly72

she must be driving you :eek:ut::eek:ut:

I would keep the upstairs bedroom doors shut so she will have to go downstairs if you have a box, really sounds like she is near I hope she is not too long.

16. Catzlover

Catzlover PetForums Newbie

Hopefully she's started having them by now.

Any updates?

17. ruthmcnally

good morning

yet another semi quite nite nothing happened. Just the waiting game, even my eldest is going mad. She has come down ths morning eatern which is good and gone back to bed. we'll get there eventually, i read yesturday that they can have a discharge that can last from a couple of days to a week before the babies are born it is defenatley not her plug just clearish with traces of blood, it doesn't smell so she hasn't got infection. I try and clean it daily but it is very hard to get down there she goes mad with me. I had a cat years ago who had a litter, she went through none of this she got up on my knee one day and the babies started coming. I said to my husband that i would phone the vet again but as he said he has already stated she will have them whe she is ready there moving ok witch is fun to watch.

sorry again its not much fun for you all readung yet another lond thread and i do appologise but i don't know anyone who could give me good advice like you all have. Thanks again

ruth
    xx:blushing:

18. sjreilly72

Hi there,It definatley sounds like her plug to me,the exact same thing happened to Twinkle, clear mucas, she then had her kittens an hour later, but I have heard it can take up to two days.

19. ruthmcnally

she has had it for a couple of days now which is why i check her she is huge and can't seem to clean very well down there so i do it for her, well thats when she lets me

20. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

hi here to check on you! oh not not another night without them. :eek:hmy: it really cant be much longer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice