Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poorly Tail...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Paws&Claws, May 30, 2010.

1. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Hey Everyone!
    Im abit concerned with puppys tail. Shes a cross breed but she has a tail that you would think a labrador would have. She has a very waggy tail and usually her tail points up slightly when she is relaxed but recently shes been nibbling part of her tail and it now points downwards. Its not at a bad angle or anything but it is a different angle it usually is.

Ive checked under the fur and there is no cut or bruise or anything.
    Ive applied a small amount of presure and it does not bother her.
    Ive felt it gently to see if its broken in any place and it doesnt feel like it is..

But something doesnt seem right :confused: anyone else had this? would pictures help? x

2. rona

rona Guest

#2 rona, May 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
  3. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

:eek: She has! she also had a bath when she got home! :eek: Ill get some heat pads and well get it checked by the vet to make sure it feels better soon.

Is there anything else i can do? Thats exactly how it looks! Thank you rona x

4. rona

rona Guest

It's nothing drastic, best not to walk to far for a couple of days and try to prevent her wagging her tail.
    Will take a week to 10 days to be back to normal.
    It's very very painful apparently

5. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Thank you :eek:
    she doesnt seem too bothered tbh.. but shes had stomach ulcers and a poorly tummy before so maybe this pain isnt as bad or something lol

Weve heated up a heatpad so its warm but not hot and we are popping it under her tail when she relaxes :thumbup: she doesnt mind the heatpad which is good.

Shes off to the vet this week for a monthly blood test so we will mention it when we go :eek: x

6. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

WOW I had Dora to hydro the other day and now she has this!!!! :eek:

ETA: This forum is great, it would have probably cost me a fortune at the vets! Thanks Rona! (and alaun for pointing me here!)

#6 luvmydogs, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice