Hi all, this is my first post. We were due to pick up our chocolate lab (Bruno) in two days. Unfortunately, he went down with sickness on Boxing Day. He’s been with the vet until today and has had a bit of one of his litter mates’ collars removed from his intestine. We want to bring him home on New Year’s Day, but speaking to the breeder I get the impression she wants us to wait until he has his stitches out in two weeks! What are the disadvantages of taking a puppy at 10weeks instead of 8? We got our last lab at 6 months and he was great, living with us until he was 15. A part of me suspects that she might want to hold on to him after all the expense, nursing etc.