Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Poorly pup!!

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by cav, May 18, 2010.

1. cav

cav PetForums VIP

my pups are 2 day but the tiny one just is not doing well and gained no weight but is feeding ive also noticed that she brings her milk back up as well any ideas on whats wrong with her.
    she is going the toilet but not as much as the others:mad:

2. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

id get her checked out by a vet

hope shes ok

3. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

have you checked for cleft palate?

4. cav

cav PetForums VIP

been the vets this morning and they can not find nothing wrong with her:confused:

5. cav

cav PetForums VIP

yes i have i always do she does not bring milk down her nose when she drinks :confused:
    i have good look and so as the vet but i dont like how she brings her milk back up do you think she is having to much?

6. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

it could well be but maybe she has something not quite right inside:( has she gained any weight since birth?

7. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

sorry, just read this bit again, so obviously the milk isnt getting to where it should re the pooing, sorry dont really know what to suggest except it still could be something inside which you obviously cant see:(

8. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

So sorry about the little pup, hope she starts to gain weigh soon

9. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

hope the little pup gets better soon,

10. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

could it not be the valve on her tummy not working properly?

11. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

hi cav, how is the little pup this morning?

12. jardine

jardine PetForums Member

We had one little pup that was exactly the same, milk coming out of his nose and he was the smallest, i took him to the vet quite a lot, once they started eating on his own he soon caught up and was fine so try not to worry to much.

13. cav

cav PetForums VIP

she is ok and still with us and as started gain a little weight she as put on 1oz

i just dont like how she brings her milk back up but the vet says things are working inside or she would not be able go the toilet and would bring the milk up all the time and as started gain weight but im not convinced.

i think im just going try my best and keep a close eye on her as i dont want her to suffer.

14. jardine

jardine PetForums Member

our vet said sometimes its because they are very greedy and feed to quick and then make themselves feel ill so dont drink anymore then next time they feed they are starving and so the cycle goes on.

15. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

Hope the pup rallies xx

Sometimes, heartbreaking though it is, nature knows better than us, I guess the next few days will tell how it comes on.

16. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

it is so hard isnt it? one of mine was teany tiny from the beginning, but was feeding ok and just not putting on lots of weight, i had her vet checked when really young and he said it could be something to do with her liver:( as she grew she was still very tiny but used to eat all her food and fight with the others and run around like mad (it was so funny because she really was so tiny) then suddenly overnight we lost her at 6 weeks old:(

17. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Keep an eye on her wieght over the next day or so and if she isnt putting any weight on at all and still vomiting her milk back up, I would take her back to the vet again, it is better to be safe than sorry. If she is pooing and putting on wieght then she must be taking in enough.

18. cav

cav PetForums VIP

She is putting weight on nearly 3oz so i think we have turned the corner a little she is half the size of her sisters but im hoping she will catch up:thumbup:

19. cav

cav PetForums VIP

I so hope your right;)
    She is a little battler;)

20. cav

cav PetForums VIP

yes it is and its times like this i wonder if its worth all the pain,i had to have my black n tan pts last year at nearly 2 days because she had a little bit missing inside so its like going through it all again.

6 weeks you think they will be ok dont you but sounds like she had plenty of fun in the time she was here such a shame you lost her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice