Our 7 month old Pug is ill and Im terrified Im going to lose him. We noticed a bald patch on his front leg last week and on closer inspection there was some sort of growth there. This must have come up so quickly as its not in a spot we could have missed. We took him straight to the vet who prescribed some fungal cream and told us to give that a try and take him back on Wednesday just gone. Well the cream didnt do anything at all so we took him back on Wednesday and the vet says he thinks its a form of cancer. He says if its the aggressive form he thinks it is then my baby will have to have his front leg amputated and we then have to hope that we've caught it in time. He goes in for the lump removed on Monday morning and then they are sending it to the lab to be analyzed. We have to wait 7 - 10 days for the results and I am going to be absolutely petrified until we get them. Im dreading it coming back and being the worst result possible. Hes only 7 months old and hes such a baby. He is the most loving, trusting dog I have ever had and will be devastated if he loses his leg or worse. I dont even know how he would cope with 3 legs. Does anyone have experience of this and if so how do dogs cope with the loss of a leg? Im worried about him getting up and down the steps to get onto the garden and getting up onto the sofa and just general daily movements. I cant believe how quickly this lump has appeared on his leg. He seems to be healthy enough, hes running about like a puppy does and hes eating as good as normal but the vet says under the circumstances that doesnt mean anything which doesnt really help to assure me hes going to be ok. Fingers crossed that everything goes well with his operation on Monday and the results come back as nothing to worry about.